Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't pull it at the time because the wheel barrow was full and I was about to pass out from heat exhaustion. I'd already drank a couple Powerades and was out of change for the machine. It was best to count my losses and take what I could. I'll be back there next week for the fender liner and Taurus fan. Just gotta find a good relay assembly, now.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Pussy...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You betcha!
        I've blacked out a few times in the past from heat exhaustion. Last time it hit me to a notable extent, a doctor said that had I not managed to find something to drink as soon as I did, I'd probably have permanent brain damage... all to pull an exhaust system from a Cherokee. I had blacked out entirely... was out for about twenty minutes when I woke up... everything was a blur for two or three days after that.

I wasn't that bad off today, but I know my limits and I wouldn't have had time to get the liner completely free before I'd have had to go... but I also wouldn't have stopped until the job was done. It was certain defeat.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
          You betcha!
          I a doctor said that had I not managed to find something to drink as soon as I did, I'd probably have permanent brain damage... .

Sure he didn't mean you already had permanant brain damage?

j/k

You can get away with roller rockers under stock Panther valve covers, assuming they're the Crane ones. Are you doing the taller covers for appearance or for valvetrain clearance?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Valvetrain clearance. I'm getting bad connections with the baffles due to these big ass beehive springs.

Comment

heat stroke sucks, had it a few weeks ago. Never passed out, but I couldn't stand up or walk for a day.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

H2O DRINK THAT IT IS MUCH BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Water is good, but gatorade is GREAT after a workout.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I used to drink a lot of Powerade until I found a study that showed it to have a bad chemical balance which can cause people to pass out at random.

They say Gatorade is the best after doing anything that generates a lot of sweat.

Comment

You just have to replace what you lose in your sweat. Gatorade helps cause of the sodium, electrolytes, sugars and potassium in it. Alot of people have a misconception that if you drink something high in sodium is really bad if you are working hard. But you really need it. The best thing would be to drink tons of water and eat good food. ie, whole grain foods, fruit ect... Even if you dont feel like it. If you ever get light headed and you're ears start popping, it cause you are really low on potassium and sodium.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

yep what he said^^^^^
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Went to the yard again today...
                          front sway bar from the same 1991 police unit from which I got the rear sway bar...
                          fender liner from the Town Car I needed...
                          and an electric fan from a Taurus.
                          So... as soon as these tall valve covers come in, I'll be rolling... and curving better... and taking in much colder air. I won't have the fan in until I can order the wiring kit I want (low speed on accessories, high speed on thermo switch), which may be a few weeks. Anyone want to temporarily donate a digital camera?

Comment

If you feel like coming over here one weekend, I can get a ton of pics for you, and go up to the TV station and make some vids as well.

Comment

Awesome. We'll need to look into that... once I get a new job and I'm not working every weekend that I don't have my son.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                                Its not the rotatin but you will have two different spring heights and different spring pressue between intake and exhaust with out proper keepers on the exhaust.

So do just the Panthers have rotators on the exhaust valves, or do all 4.6s have them?
                                My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Working...
                                X