Transmission going out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
    You're a liar. It never freezes in florida.
    Hey, even hell freezes, every damn year too!

Comment

change all the fluid and the filter, give it some more tv pressure and change the universal joints........if that dont fix it, call brian

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It sounds like low tv pressure, or some problem with the engine to me. Any misfire in the motor will be a lot more obvious in D or OD since the converter is locked. I had EGR problems with my car for a while, and it would act up like this unless I was hard on the gas.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Scott Mang, you brought up your guy Brian, Have a few questions regarding that. Was gonna wait till the spring when I INTENDED to redo my AOD, but now seems as good a time as any.

1) IIRC you said Brian charges 1400-1600 for an AOD build. Did that include install? and for that price, what constitutes "Built"

2) Is it worth getting a "done-up" AOD now? Or should I try and hold on until I have my HO Exploder motor ready?

3) How busy is Brian? I may need a month or so before I can put together the $, but prolly gonna want to try and get the tranny done as soon as I can get the scratch.

If you have already answered these in another post, I apologise for double posting, just tryin to do some leg work.

Thanks
          Admiral

Comment

Ok, so the TV cable and bushing are fine. Unfortunately, the motor may not be. I've got 1 completely dead cylinder. Instead of dropping off ThatOneGirl's GM for scheduled maintennance, we left mine back with my mechanic. He's going to go over it tomorrow and tell me what the story is.

I already did plugs/wires/cap/rotor/ IAC/PCV/EGR/Ignition Module/ALL vacuum lines.

And of course now my mind is running towards "worst case scenario" now. If the problem ends up to be major engine related, Im in a jam. I cannot rationalize spending ANY more money on a 152k lopo. Least not when I could spend similar money and just build up the HO motor I want to end up with.

SO the question is now this.. Anyone have a used Exploder motor and ECM I could buy? heheh

Comment

brian takes about a week for a rebuild......he's the best guy i know ever (i've known alot of transmission builders) he did an aod in econoline for my friend sal it was a grand installed for a stock rebuild.......the 1400-1600 is a wide ratio aod.....if you want a wide ratio you gotta pay me to get you a 4r70w core, take him a 4r70w or buy a wide ratio kit (i get wide ratio cores for 100 bucks plus gas and a little time) his convertors come from a company in the poconos. some of the upgrade parts for an upgraded aod are hp shift kit, (he does use the transgo no yoyo kits in all his rebuilds) A+ overdrive servo, convertor of choice (i like t bird supercoupe convertor 2000 stall and it's cheaper) rebuild kit, he checks every part, he has a case washer.....it even puts up to mrltd's abuse lol

hey if it needs an engine, i would be more than happy to give you a price.....i have a couple used 5.0 ho's here......explorer engines are pretty cheap down your way too (seen some in the 550 range) feel free to pm me or im me if you have any questions
              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

brian does great work I have one of his rebuild trans in my car I love it

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Neutral bomb it a few times
                  You need to blow it out with a 4000 rpm neutral bomb...
                  Great idea, are you kidding me?!! did you hear what happened to Rojas vic when he did that?!

Comment

dead cylinder huh? could be bad piston rings for one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Great idea, are you kidding me?!! did you hear what happened to Rojas vic when he did that?!
                      me thinks it was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        Dead serious my friend... like always.

No, I actually read a similar post in a Mark 8/ T Bird/ Cougar forum...

Must've been some ass, picking on a noob.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=105399
                        READ THE POSTS!!!!!!
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Do you know what Facetious means? It was a lie. The guy was kidding. Neutral Bombing, bad!

Comment

Ummm.. yeah, I knew he was forkin with me.. I just wasn't sure if he was tryin to be a dick, or just tooling on the idiots who would actually take his advice, through me. Turns out it was the latter hehe so s'all good.

The Admiral

Comment

Oh yeah, and as for the whole bad cylinder thing, found out whats what. The valve seals on #8 are shot. So while it means I don't need to start building that Explorer motor tomorrow, I better get started soon. Im thinking once Christmas hits, it'll be time to start slingin dough for parts.

The Admiral

Comment

Do you know what Facetious means? It was a lie. The guy was kidding. Neutral Bombing, bad!
                                I must come across as an idiot to you. You think I actually believed that when I read it? Please. It was a joke; the whole thing, a joke.

I will gave you the same advice that Mercracer once gave me: either get your sarcasm meter tuned up, or learn how to use it!

Do I know what facetious means... go and play your games with someone else.
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X