C-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled the AOD out tonight.

I put a couple of new seals into the C4, and I am going to install it tomorrow.

Comment

Sweet, Im loving mine! Was quite easy too

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

How about a write up? With LOTS of pics!
        People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
          How about a write up? With LOTS of pics!
          pretty straight forward swap. just have to move your tranny crossmember up to the next set of holes. use shorter bell housing bolts or a stack of washers, and hook the shifter up
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
            pretty straight forward swap. just have to move your tranny crossmember up to the next set of holes. use shorter bell housing bolts or a stack of washers, and hook the shifter up
            I remember that, but didn't someone say something about the shifter bracket on the trans has to be taken off, then put back on upside down? If so, does it bolt on, or is it put on like the accelerator bracket, where you have to grind and weld?
            People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Everything is in, I need to adjust the linkage a little more and all that will be perfect.

The only thing now, is getting it so it will start. I guess the AOD had a neutral safety switch or something.... When I went to start it up for the first time it wouldnt spin over, I had to use a screw driver on the solenoid. What do I do to bypass all of that so all I have to do is turn the key and it will make it start???

Comment

Originally posted by GilroyRacing View Post
                Everything is in, I need to adjust the linkage a little more and all that will be perfect.

The only thing now, is getting it so it will start. I guess the AOD had a neutral safety switch or something.... When I went to start it up for the first time it wouldnt spin over, I had to use a screw driver on the solenoid. What do I do to bypass all of that so all I have to do is turn the key and it will make it start???
                the connector that ran to your transmission has 4 wires. two are for your reverse lights. the other two are your neutral safety switch (NSS). easiest thing to do it to splice the NSS wires together. to keep everything working you would need the switch assembly off the C4 that went over the shift arm that operates the reverse lights and NSS

Comment

Awesome!!!! you are the man!!

As mentioned, a very easy swap. I dont think a write up is needed. Just read through this post, everything you need to know has already been mentioned.

If anything maybe this post should be stickied

Comment

I think I killed the C4 lastnight......

I finally got the linkage fixed, and fixed the NSS.

I took the car out lastnight for a test run before I put it on the trailer to take it to the track tonight.

I took it out on the road, i put it in drive, and let the trans shift through the gears its self. It shifted perfect, every shift would set you back in the seat.
                    I turned around in the drive way down the road, put it in reverse backed out in the rd went to put it in gear, and nothing I had no forward gears or reverse. I put it back into park, then shifted it to drive then it hoped into gear and I took of, I eased into the throttle aboult half way then nailed it and it through me back and shifted fine.

I pulled into my driveway, and told my dad to hop in it and take it for a spin.

He backed it out into the rd put it in low gear and NAILED IT, he held it to the floor and manualy shifted it till he got to the next drive way. He turned it around, and came out of there side ways in low gear, then shifting to 2nd, then 3rd, and went past our house to our neighbors on the other side of us.

He said the car was pulling strong when he let off of the throttle to pull into our neighbors driveway. When he went to put it in reverse, he had nothing, he put it in drive,2nd,low....nothing.

We ended up having to take the truck down there and pull the car back.

At first we thought maybe it was trash in the valve body, so we let it sit to let the fluid drain out and hope that whatever was in there would drain back to the pan.

I started it up put it in gear and again Nothing.

I am thnking that it is the pump since its not going into gear at all. I would think if it was the valve body I would at least have either reverse, or I would have forward gears.....

I guess I am going to have to pull it out and take it to a friend of mine and have him go through it and see if he can figure out whats wrong.

I guess I should add that I checked the linkage, its fine, it is full of fluid, it did NOT whine or anything......

Comment

since it was acting up, then ran fine, then wont work, id guess its fluid related. if it was a hard part like the input shaft or the planetarys it would have broke and then that would have been it.

drop the pan and make sure that the filter is still in place and that the pick up is clear.

Comment

I didnt drop the pan yet, all that happend around 9pm lastnight. I didnt get home till late tonight. I am going to pull it into the garage next week and drop the pan.

Comment

I just got a chance lastnight to mess with the car.

I thought one way to see if the pump was working was to unhook the line going to the trans cooler, I did that and fluid ran out quick, so the pump is good!

I hooked the line back up, and got back in the car, started it up and put it into gear. It jumped right into gear.

I am guessing that there is trash inside the trans. I havnt dropped the pan yet, I will probably do that tomorrow, and rinse out the filter.

Comment

change the damn filter. Its what 8 dollars or so?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

its a metal screen. You spray it with brake cleaner and its clean......

Comment

In that case....Carry On!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X