No announcement yet.

Battery shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Diehard in mine. About 3yrs old and I've killed it about 4 times cranking the engine when I was doing the carb swap. I recharged it and it it still starts fine. I really want to do a 3g alt swap tho cause I'm sick of watching my headlights dim when I come to a stop.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I had a DieHard...it died hard...
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

No preference. I just take whatever is good out of one of the other cars in the yard.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
          I had a DieHard...it died hard...

Funny ....Thats what I say........ die hard=
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Interstates work well, and I've heard many good things about stock Motorcraft batteries, including the price being pretty reasonable. I usually buy cheap Wal Mart crap and really haven't had anything to complain about. Had one in the truck for 3 years, no problems till I parked it for 8 months and then it took a crap on me. Right now it has a Duralast because it was the first auto parts store I came to while driving home from getting the transmission replaced. The Lincoln has a Delco because it shit itself outside the parts store that only had Delco in the correct size for the car. I usually dont shop brand so much as what is most convenient at the time.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Went w/ "Energizer" (who knows who actually makes it) cause pepboys had em on sale.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

energizer is ok, but avoid pep boys pro start batteries........seen many go bad and eat the altenators up, esp on hondas.........boss had to sell em cause they were so cheap.........but still more expensive than a neverstart

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Avoid NAPA batteries too, we used to use them at work, failed constantly.

Personally, if you want a nice heavy duty battery for a good price go to your nearest Caterpillar dealer. Ask them for a 12V caterpillar battery, you can get them in the size you need, and they cost about $50. Probably one of the best batteries you can buy. Next time I need a new one, that's what I'm getting lol
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I got a Champion SubZero, 900CCA, starts every single time no matter how cold it is outside. Currently running on 5 cells, so it will be replaced soon, maybe even this week.

Comment

One thing, what size are our batteries stock? I know my current one is slightly oversized, and I want to have something that fits nicely there

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                        One thing, what size are our batteries stock? I know my current one is slightly oversized, and I want to have something that fits nicely there
                        Well apparently type 65 is the one needed, it's kinda big but it still fits alright when clamped down nicely. Just got a Motorcraft battery, a 900CCA monster, it has 48 months free replacement and it costs $95 at Murray's.

Comment

Working...
                        X