Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new workaround for premium sound, perhaps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock stereo anything = :gay:
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

well, the peice that by-passes the amp is from a company i found on a site. check this out, i dont know if it will help any. http://www.buyreliant.com/scosche/index.htm

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Like I said, right now I just want some tunes. I'll live with stock speakers for now if I have to. But I'm not big on rewiring all my shit in the winter weather.

Comment

the stock premium speakers fucking pound. considering their age, the ones in shifty were awesome. they'd still work except for a bit, of, ahem uh

flame damage shall we say :evil:
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

aparently JBL makes the sound system for ford!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Some Ford Premuim Sound is JBL, some is not. If the speakers say JBL, they are. If they say Ford... they're not.

Comment

I would just bypass the entire facory stuff. Modern stereos have outputs far louder and cleaner than that 17 yeard old factory amp. Also be aware that the new stereo will eventually overpower your older speakers if you use and mid-high volume levels on a regualr basis, and will FRY them if you ever blast it. Up till around 92 the stock speakers were lucky to have more than 10 watts RMS / 25 peak.
                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

My whole plan was to use the existing wiring from right AFTER the amp. But I've since said fuggit. I know about the factory speakers, my CD/MP3 deck has a setting for OEM speakers, I guess it reduces the output maybe? Not sure, but I have the two rears wired up for now and it serves the purpose for the time being. When I feel more ambitious I'll tackle the front four speakers. Right now I just finished fixing the fuel line.

Comment

Working...
                  X