3G alternator swap for $20.00!!! Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3G alternator swap for $20.00!!! Done

I found me a nice little 1994 Merc Sable at the junk yard. The hood had not even been opened yet. I paid $20.00 for the alt. They tested it for free at the local parts house. And I just swapped it in like it was OE. It solved MANY or my electrical problems. Check it out.
    Attached Files
    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

Cant beat that for $20!!!

Looks like you have a large case 3G, but someone's already modified your alternator bracket sometime in the past...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Amazing what the right voltage will do for you. Is that a new charge cable, or did you cheat and steal the one from the Sable like I do sometimes? Did you grab the 175 amp fuse for it too? I usually rob the parts off the cars simply because I can't get cables that fit exactly right without changing the ends, and I can't do that for less money than I can get the cable for at the junkyard.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, I do need to upgrade the cable. Thats one I had laying around. Its a power cable for the house made to be buried for like a well pump or something. I should have taken the sable's wire though. I have the mega fuse, but It all needs some cleaning up.
        Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
        Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
        Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
        Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X