Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of car alarm should I put in my 84 grand marq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of car alarm should I put in my 84 grand marq?

Before I put a sound system in my MGM I want to be safe with a car alarm. What is a reliable car alarm that suits the MGM?

Nothing with a hypersensative motion detector....I have a mid range Viper on my '05 that unlocks my doors and is suppose to pop the trunk (although when my father backed the car into a tree that feature isn't as good as it once was.)

I will say this don't shop eBay unless you know exactly what you're looking for...hit some of your local car audio shops and see what they have. Then look it up on eBay. Remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!
    Nothing makes me smile more than a cougar in my Panther

Kristal - 2005 Grand Marquis GS

Killin' zombies and grillin' veggie burgers, it's kinda my thing you know? - Bozowolf

Comment

I recommend a trunk monkey... mine has served me well.

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

haha thanks guys. Im tempted to get that trunk monkey now. Does it come in gorilla?

Comment

Any brand by Directed Electronics is good IMO. That includes Clifford, Viper, Avital, Hornet, as well as a couple others. The brands come at different price points, Clifford being the top, but Viper is very comparable in features. You'll want to look into a decent install place because some will just hack the wiring and leave a rats nest under the dash.

Directed is the largest designer and marketer of consumer-branded car alarms and remote starters in North America. Maker of the award-winning Viper SmartStart mobile app.
          sigpic
          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X