Fuel Flow Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Flow Wire

I am trying to locate the fuel flow wire on my car and the speed sensor. I am getting a tripminder from Fat Nasty. I looked from my ECM and theres only 32 Holes on that so WTF. i then found a purple wire with blue dots on it on a plug. It was under the dash right behind where the brake pedal is held in. From the engine bay it's not visible as it looks like it is behind the brake booster.

Heres Pics(It's The Purple wire on the plug

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

I just got a 1989 MGM Shop Manual and Electrical & Vaccum Manual. Would the answer needed be in one of them? If so, can the page be scanned and shared or is that a copywrite issue?

Comment

Yes please scan the pics. But i need one for a 1983 EEC III system. there different.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I will get you what I have. Hopefully it will be close. Give me an hour.

Comment

I took a bunch of pictures and placed them in a folder under my name. Let me know if any of them are close to what you want.

Comment

83 has different stuff. You need the EVTM for that to dig out the fuel flow wire. The plug you have undone is for the cruise control amplifier, doubtful the fuel flow wire is in that bundle. Usually the connector is under the hood if its anywhere.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well i searched around and check out this article.

Looks like on EEC-III the fuel flow wire is on pin #15
              EEC-IV is on pin #34.

check this link out

This is a must-see site for fans of American luxury hot rods. Message forums, tech advice, news, and automotive performance links are offered for Lincoln Mark VIII and Mark VII, Lincoln LS, Town Car, Continental, Navigator, Aviator, Zephyr, MKR, MKS, MKZ and more.

Also where is the speed sensor wire on a 1983 Grand Marquis. I have cruise control.

Comment

wire should land at the cruise amplifier under the dash, though I don't know which one it is.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well i was reading more on the EEC-III crap and found out that the fuel flow wire is #15 on the ECm. The wire isn't present there so i have to run one. Can someone tell me how to get a pin installed on there step by step.

Also reading that article on EEC-III i found out that the speed sensor wire is red on EEC-III systems and is on pin #10 on the plug behind the gauge cluster(dont know how i am going to get the cluster off without taking off the speedometer cable). it's such a small space.

Heres pics of the the instrument cluster harness.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                    Looks like on EEC-III the fuel flow wire is on pin #15
                    EEC-IV is on pin #34.
                    Nice, you got lucky there. Much easier to mess with pins on the outside two rows of that plug. #34 is in the center of that whole mess and is quite a bitch to wiggle in.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      wire should land at the cruise amplifier under the dash, though I don't know which one it is.

what's the cruise amplifier look like. Can someone take pics.

Comment

its the black box right below the ECM. I think it says speed amplifier or something like that on it.

Comment

its the black box right below the ECM. I think it says speed amplifier or something like that on it.

I took pics is this it. If so there is a dark green w a white stripe wire on one of the plugs i am curious if thats the speed sensor wire but that wire does not run to the clusters plug. Weird here's pics

Comment

That looks right. If you have the correct tripminder harness, you should find that the small 2 wire connector unplugs, and the tripminder has a male and female that mate up to those plugs. Those ought to be the VSS wires. The cluster doesn't get VSS signal, its a cable drive speedo. Only the cruise uses the VSS on your car.

Comment

That looks right. If you have the correct tripminder harness, you should find that the small 2 wire connector unplugs, and the tripminder has a male and female that mate up to those plugs. Those ought to be the VSS wires. The cluster doesn't get VSS signal, its a cable drive speedo. Only the cruise uses the VSS on your car.

I have the CFI harness on the tripminder(It has 6 wires) the wires on the 2 plugs one has 7 wires including a dark green with a white stripe on it. I believe that's the speed sensor wire correct me if im wrong. The other plug has 6 wires. What do you mean male and female and what does that look like.

Heres a pic of the harness of the Tripminder

Comment

Working...
                              X