No announcement yet.

batteries: a commodity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have any experience with the deka car batterys but the deka db24 - 27's are excellent.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

battery cables

hey bernie i have had some nerve racking experiences with battery cables. in this first pic do you see how the wire is molded into the terminal i have seen these fail alot while showing no signs of it being bad.
      in the second pic i have also seen these fail showing no signs af being bad.
      the best way to deal with this is to make new ends if you have enough cable. the reason i say this is i have also bought ones that were bad or failed soon after i installed them. the best way to insure against this is to make your ends if theres enough cable.
      Attached Files
      My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Some folks got a good example of Interstate over the weekend... while I had the stereo bumpin' and lights flashin', a few times different people asked "isn't that gonna kill your battery?" or "shouldn't you start it?" By the time I got around to starting it up, it started without missing a beat, you never would have guessed it had been powering a music/light show for an hour or more...
        And this battery is at least 4 years old and has been completely drained by other past moronic means a few times... and watch it be dead later since Ive posted this
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Word. Left my domelight on for 10 hours while I had the tailgate open. I was working on someone's car and parked mine in front of it for easy access to tools. Left for a parts run, ended up going all over town, came back and found I'd left it open, but the bastard started right up without even hesitating.
          Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
          X