No announcement yet.

My car is Possessed!! Please help!!! IF YOU CAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok man you come to the right place for CFI help! Check the connector that plugs into teh TPS and make sure the wires are not lose also even if you have to splice a new connector in do so b/c these connectors seem to just crumble and fall apart. Also check teh connectors at the the two injectors if the tabs are broken replace the connector because the bouce up and down and cause teh car to sput. Also check the main black connector for both injectors in sits right below the CFI housing if its not tight it will bouce around also. Once you check all that and if you are still having problems just hit me up on here or aim and i can walk you thru all teh steps i did to stop my stalling problem with my CFI and everything i checked.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

the CFI on my '84 is just driving me nuts with it having an intermittent engine miss.... you drive it for a while, and it will start missing when your sitting at a red light.... Then at the next light, it will run fine.... we have changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button, found one loose wire where the idiot that had it before me tried to splice the wire on the TPS... with TAPE... and twisted together... if you shook the wire the car would quit! My mechanic was taking the air cleaner off.. and the car quit... he looked over a me and said, "I've never had THAT happen!" So we thought we had it fixed.. as it ran fine after that... until I stopped at the first red light on the way home.... started missing like there was ONE sparkplug wire or plug messing up... but you put it in the scope... everyone is firing fine... So any ides on THAT??? Tom!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

sounds like this is a common problem with CFI boxes. its raining out today so i dont know if i'll get to it today but if i do ill let you know. thanks again.

Comment

Time to drop a 4bbl on that sucka

Of course, use a Holley "Low Rider" carb
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT

I saw those they look pretty bad ass.. I will have to wait till the car is 25 years old. that way i have no problems with all those retarded inspection laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
              Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT

I saw those they look pretty bad ass.. I will have to wait till the car is 25 years old. that way i have no problems with all those retarded inspection laws.
              As soon as I saw the low rider carb, I thought of you...

Comment

Wow thats Amazing !!!
                When i first saw it I thought of me too

Comment

Somethin about the way people with '84 2dr merks think..

And yes boxmang, that includes you

Comment

Ok, i started it up and started tapin harnesses, and relays but i could not get it to stall. then i unpluged harnesses and pluged them back in still no stalling. but this time when the engine got up to temp it would not maintain a smooth idle, nor would it stay running if i let off the throttle. then i unpluged the harness going to the egr valve and the idle smoothed out but still no stalling... this is driving me nuts

Comment

Did you ever clean your EGR?

Comment

ya like 4 years ago, but i havent driven it much sence. mabe 1000 miles

Comment

hmm....

try it again.

perhaps it just needs to be driven...

Comment

i can do that.. but do you think that will fix the stallin followed by a no start

Comment

Clogged EGR will def make it stall and run like shit. Pull the whole CFI unit and take the spacer plate off, then clean it real good. Just pulling the valve usually isn't enough to keep it running right.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

but thats just it . the car runs great most of the time. then at random it stalls and wont start untill i shake the car up withy the hydros

Comment

Working...
                                X