My car is Possessed!! Please help!!! IF YOU CAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoah a CFI thread! *joink*

Did you check all the wire harnesses, including the ones for the injectors? Did you open them all up??
    A few CFI problems have been due to corrosion in the ignition/alternator wiring harness connector on the drivers inner fender well

My CFI is relatively trouble free
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The first place i looked was the ignition/alternator wiring harness connector on the drivers inner fender well. At one point i had a problem with my alt not turning on. A bad wire in that harness was to blame

Comment

Chachi, we need to get some vids of your hydro's in action!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

if i had the technoligy you would allready have it

Comment

Well, perhaps when you come to SF 06, someone will videotape it
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that would be nice

Comment

I want to thank everyone for there help i found the problem and most of you were right it was electrical.
                today i decided because i could not find the problem i would remove all the butt connectors under the hood and solder all the joints to elimiate posible failures. While i was under the hood i removed some gay blue electrical tape that covered up a lot of wires near the starter Solenoid. Under this i found 2 yellow 12 guage wires conected to one side of a yellow butt connector . this was connected to a 24 guage pink wire
                (not factory) which had about 2 inches striped off the end and was wrapped around the batery side of the starter Solenoid. it was corroded all to hell. So i removed it then i cranked the car. It started for a sec then stalled. I tried a few more times and got the same results. Then i restripped the wire and connected it to the battery. the car started up great and ran great. so i'm sure that was my problem.
                . then after i fixed the problem i took the car for a test drive.. the engine ran great but the spinner on the right rear wheel broke and my wheel fell off!!!

so off to the junk yard i went to buy a set of steel factory rims :cuss:
                $60 bucks later my wires are removed and black steelies are on.

My car hates me i tell you.

Comment

Woah, good to hear about the fix, and sorry about the wheels. You are going to put them back on eventually right?

Comment

ill need to buy a new spinner hub for the rim to bolt back up.i was thinkin of changin rim sizes any way. the 17" low prophile tired gave me a poor ride. i could feel every crack in the road. will see what happens next spring. mabe 14" deep dish wires with white walls

Comment

BUMPS! demn good Info! :-P
                      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Working...
                      X