No announcement yet.

Box Headlight sealed units upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some newer cars are obnoxious and need to tone it down I think.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I could make you a harness, if you're interested, Andrew.

Comment

I contacted Mr Stern, and he is indeed knowledgeable. I can't see spending the 436$ plus shipping that he suggested on headlights. No doubt they'd do the job, but... ouch! We're in the process of discussing cheaper alternatives, but I may just end up with some silverstars and install a light bar on the roof for the back country driving.
        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

se the lower power lamps in the low beams and silver stars for the high beams
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I've been unimpressed with the SIlverstars in my truck. One went fishbowl in about a year. The replacement is also going fishbowl, and its been maybe 2. I think i have boring Sylvania XV's in the Lincoln and they work very well with the relay harness to bump the voltage. Aim is also important. If the lights aren't pointed the right way, lighting performance will not be good. I need to get some new suction cups for my Hoppy aimers so I can tweak mine a bit.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We interrupt this thread to bring you this breaking thread-jack...

I like the idea of the headlight relay and am considering this for my 91 P72. My question is this, seeing as how I do the restored police car thing, how would the relay work with a headlight flasher in the mix. Would it affect the relay or pretty much work as normal?

Also, is there a diagram somewhere here for the relay setup?

Thanks.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress.
              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

If you have trouble getting the suction cups let me know I can dig out my last contact for those.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
                  We interrupt this thread to bring you this breaking thread-jack...

I like the idea of the headlight relay and am considering this for my 91 P72. My question is this, seeing as how I do the restored police car thing, how would the relay work with a headlight flasher in the mix. Would it affect the relay or pretty much work as normal?
                  What lights are wig wagging? High beams only? Or low beams? There is a good possibility that your wigwag flasher might also act in the same way as a regular relay upgrade and you don't need to do this.
                  If the wigwag flasher doesn't do this, but just interrupts the wiring to act as a basic switch, you would need to add the relay where the factory wiring ends and interfaces with the wigwagger. Essentially, consider the wigwagger the "headlights" and leave all the wiring alone after the wigwagger.

Make, model, maybe a pdf of your headlight wigwagger?

Alex.

Comment

Thanks.
                    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Working...
                    X