better/best window motors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better/best window motors?

I'm re-re-replacing my driver's window motor.
    First was a reman, second was a dorman.

What should the third one be?
    Want it to actually last this time around

All of mine are original Ford motors that I've rebuilt myself. On the original set of doors, 3 were original, one was a Ford Reman. One guess which one I had problems with. The OEM ones just work. The only time they're just pooched is when the magnets come un-glued from the case. At that point, its scrap steel.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Agree on the magnets... and it sounds like the motor is about to come out of the door.... I have a Dorman in my drivers door, no problems.. about three years now... and it went in the easiest.. it even sort of "snapped" in when installing it...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Uh oh, a bad Dorman motor?!?!

I've had good luck with the 4 I've put in my fords, and however many at work. Rebuilding them electrically never seemed to work out for me, so I started putting the dorman ones in any that don't just need the drive gear plugs replaced. I found them at Rockauto for $16 and stocked up...!
        Any re-manufactured window motors I've used lasted anywhere from 1-3 years, and I was definitely not happy about having paid 50 bucks for them!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

When I say I've rebuilt them, I've cleaned up the commutator, put a bit of oil on the bearings, and put it back together. if the brushes are shot or there is other real damage, it goes to the scrap heap. I'm not getting heavily involved with motor rebuilding. If its beyond what i can fix with some Scotchbrite and oil, I'll replace it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X