Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never would have thought...............battery ground cable....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never would have thought...............battery ground cable....

Sometime ago maybe four years I was in my buds shop for a LOF, and said F it........I need me some new battery cables.

Returned to p/u the car and found that the new tech had taken the "easy" way........instead of running a new long ground cable down to the block, he ran the cable to one of the water pump bolts.

I then found that on many occasions the car would not crank, and I actually thought I needed a new ignition switch.

Well last year I happened to have had enough of this no start........drove to another friend who has a shop........we put the pos on the lift and reattached the cable to the block.

Since that time I have never had an issue starting the car, no more turn key and hear SILENCE!!

Coincidence????

Not really, the connection at the water pump was probably crusty and that will cause problems. There isn't any magic about the stock location, it just has to be clean and tight.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeap, on the water pump bolt its more likely to get a little corrosion... and/or a little loose.
      I think older ford V-8's (or maybe some other older v-8 car, dunno for sure) had them on a water pump stud from the factory... maybe that's why he done it. Make sure you have a decent one going to the body too
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
      X