Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkknight
    More wires? in the door

The power window motor and the wires feeding it.
    And another Plug?
    Light in the door panel.

This thing has a drill like thing comeing out of it......? wth is it anyways?

Power lock motor

And i dont know what it's called but that plug thing is there 2! )

The other doorpanel's light.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow the previous owner really screwed stuff up!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Yea.... Big time....Bunch of Idiot's imo.. Any one that will slam another man into the hood over and over, for fun. is a complete retard imo )
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Ok. I think i made a little Progress this afternoon. i took my test light And Took apart my drivers door panel. and tested the switches ( The wires gong into the switches actualy. all of them where getting fire . exsept for the passenger's up front. and it's a red and black line wire and a yellow and black liner wire. Any one have any clue of the route of theese wires? That way ill find where it might be striped and prob solved :-> I hope .... )

Hopefully this is good for a novice. Any\ how thanks guys/gals

Dark :->
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Hey Petemang, you have your EVTM handy to scan pics from? That might be helpful.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got an Idea Feller's ( I know thats scary ) Umm, Is it possibe to " Tap " into another wire that is hot during key on, and run it to the switch? i know the driver woldent be able to umm rollit down but at least my LF could

And if there is a way, May i ask how i might do this

Thanks Guys

Dark

Comment

i dont have a scanner, I just keep trying to take pics of them untill I get a good shot, lol.

The EVTM doesnt show you were wires are routed in the car so much as just a diagram of the circuit.

Ill take a gander and see if I see anything that may help. If you know of a diagram in particular you need Ill try to get a clear shot. Just dont say 'all of them' lol.

Hell, I guess I could xerox the whole thing and mail it to ya, lol
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Just knowing where the wire's from the drivers door to the passenger door goes would be cool. :-> I can take my stuff all off and put it back together. but... I still might not hit it on the money :-/ eh. Thanks guys

::: Edit ::: Ok got a little bit of new info as well. Yesterday after i got my new plugs and plug wires i was gonna turn her over and i had to do my +Battery wire thing where i take it off scarpe the inside put her back on and when i ge it in just the right spot she will turn over. Well any how on one of my trys of turning her over i saw that the. Negative battery termanel had a poof of smoke come out of it for a second. What could Case this? or is this even any helpfull info? any how thought id just post it :::: End Edit ::::
                  Last edited by DarkKnight; 07-15-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

negative battery terminal is prolly dirty/ bad connection - have you taken the cables off and cleaned them?
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

oh, and i read my EVTM section on power windows (no wire routing) but it does say this:

"the power window switch sends current through the window motor in one direction for up and the opposite direction for down. If the off position, both motor wires are grounded through spereate switches"

so if you were testing with a ground, none of them should have lit up...
                      it looks like all the switches in the master switch share one power source and deliver it to either wire coming off the switch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                        negative battery terminal is prolly dirty/ bad connection - have you taken the cables off and cleaned them?

10-4 on that, I bought a new Postive battery cable for it two weaks ago i belive and it got fried the weak after, thats when i decided it was time to look for the short. But i clean them on a Semi reg. basis

O and i havent cranked my car now in about mmm, 4 days now and i still have a charge

Comment

Eh...

Ok, im at a stand still now. I cant fig out where my wires go that where cut and used for the sterio. Or even see where the reg wires would be,( For the sterio that is. ) Dont get me wrong i dont mind not haveing a sterio at the moment. As long as i dont have a short. but im really at a stand still... Any advise at all guys?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

theyer back there somewhere - all you need to find is the constant power and the switched power - you can make the rest happen.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think what you need is a good cool dry day and a couple of good buddys and a nice wiring diagram. what I did for my old jeep is read the wiring diagram and colored in the diagram in to match the color of the wires so it is easy to read and find what you have or what you are missing. hope that this helps!
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I got a question, sort of an idea. The wires that where cut. Are comeing out of the noodel. Could it be the other end is wraped n there in the noodel? it's got tape or something wraped around it. So im scared to cut it.. Any how thanks guys :->
                                Dark

Comment

Working...
                                X