Whats your favorite Brand of Equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Whatever I've heard of and can get for a deal. Infinity speakers sound good, Pioneers usually have pretty decent tuners. I have an Alpine and a Kenwood amp, both many years old, no trouble from either. The Alpine has been under my truck seat for about 6 1/2 years now, the Kenwood I've owned since 1999 and I got it used. Still works fine, but its kind of beat up looking by now.
    Ehh, I think most infinity sets I have heard are OKAY. They seem to be a bit bright for the upper frequencies and seem to lack midbass.

Comment

Headunit:
      Pioneer
      Kenwood

Speakers:
      Sony
      Pioneer

Subs:
      Rockford Fosgate

Amplifiers:
      Rockford Fosgate

I'm a simple man, lol.
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by saiyaneye View Post
        Ehh, I think most infinity sets I have heard are OKAY. They seem to be a bit bright for the upper frequencies and seem to lack midbass.
        I have tin ears, and tend to like stuff thats a bit bright on top. I also am not a fan of lots of mid bass, so thats probably why I like the way these sound.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I dont have enough experience with any of them to play favoirtes, but I sure like my ///Alpine amps and Cerwin Vega subs.
          My current interior speaker of choice is the Polk component set I scored for $50 on eBay, new. Couldn't tell you how they sound... yet
          Attached Files
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The year-or-two-old Infinity References series had piercing treble. I have incredibly sensitive ears and some CDs I just couldn't listen to.

The Kappa components I have up front now are the clearest, cleanest sounding speakers I have ever heard. Matched with the Kappa 6x9s in the rear deck and the subwoofer, the clarity is unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
            X