sound activated LED's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emorabbit View Post
    Is there any way you could make that ribbon cable go to... 3 strips of LED's?

I'm thinking one for low, one for medium, and one for high. Different colors too.
    yes it can be done but i think that one is a LCd display though id have to figure out how to wire it but id need the kit first my local elctronics shop has a VU meter kit for 23 dollars or so it wouldnt do low mid high but it would give you a stereo vew of each channel though still cool as shit but the leds would kill ya 20 leds for blue cost around 30 bucks
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
      ...the leds would kill ya 20 leds for blue cost around 30 bucks
      do what? you can buy the 5mm LEDs for 10 cents each....
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

LED's are what I'm worried about paying for. Mostly im worried about the spectrum analyzer and how i would split high low and mid into three different strips of lights. The LED's are by far the cheapest thing i need.

Comment

LED's are what I'm worried about paying for. Mostly im worried about the spectrum analyzer and how i would split high low and mid into three different strips of lights. The LED's are by far the cheapest thing i need.
          you can change the leds for that board cept you need the micro ones expensive....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            you can change the leds for that board cept you need the micro ones expensive....
            Rather, Im not worried about paying for the LED's. Could you give me a quote on how much it would cost to build one of those boards? And then perhaps i could see if I really want to go through with this.

Comment

Rather, Im not worried about paying for the LED's. Could you give me a quote on how much it would cost to build one of those boards? And then perhaps i could see if I really want to go through with this.
              the board its self takes a bitof time to assemble soldering those LEDs well to say the least it very time consuming i could probably do in in about 6 hrs or less i suppose i usually charge 25 an hour for stuff like that or stereo installation but say 50 bucks for labor plus the kit,ship and handling

Comment

i know you want a spectrum analyzer but it is a time consuming job that reqires a lot of paitence and not to mention slightly on the expensive side.. however the forst thing im doing is putting in a Vu meter in my linc its waaay cheaper and easier to do and looks just as cool lol im going to do a double row of blue in mine as well as strobes , im also putting tubes in the back seat that are sound activated so it should be something else when i show it off ...

Comment

Working...
                X