Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without soldering I could not have turned two LED ribbon strips into six
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hey! my buddy just gave me a set of pioneer 6x9s. just cut the old stuff out and crimp some connectors on then plug em in and drive away?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Forgive me as its been awhile since I did an install in a Panther. I wouldn't just cut the plugs off the factory speakers without a wiring diagram as you wouldn't know which wire is the + and which is the -. There are many companies that sell adaptor plugs with spades at one end for the aftermarket speaker and the proprietary Ford connector on the other end. No fuss, all plug and play.

Not sure how the 90 is but on both my 89s the rear deck speakers are under a baffle in the trunk. They are secured with a bungee type cord with a hole in the middle. It doens't always work with aftermarket speakers depending on how deep they are.

Check out Crutchfield for the harness, or this may be what you need...http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Scosche+...ract_desc=null
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Yeah they come out in the trunk AFAIK. I appreciate the suggestion and link but I would like to do this for nothing since I've got connectors, wire, and the free speakers. Could I use a multimeter to figure out the +/-?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

This should be what you need, grabbed it off a quick Google search.

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink/Green
            Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Pink/Blue

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink/Blue
            Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              ....Explain it to me like I'm retarded
              Hiiiiiii LTD, how'you doing today? Isn't it a nice day? My, you look good today. Did you dress yourself?

Lol sorry I couldn't resist. No offense to anyone I hope.

Are they big magnet or little magnet Pioneers? You might be able to use the factory straps with the little ones, maybe. Bigger magnets, no way, my experience.

Did you get the grills? You can usually cut out the shelf liner and drop them in from the top, screw'em down with extreme prejudice.

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I cut out the circle on the straps to accommodate the bigger magnets.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                  Hiiiiiii LTD, how'you doing today? Isn't it a nice day? My, you look good today. Did you dress yourself?

Lol sorry I couldn't resist. No offense to anyone I hope.

Are they big magnet or little magnet Pioneers? You might be able to use the factory straps with the little ones, maybe. Bigger magnets, no way, my experience.

Did you get the grills? You can usually cut out the shelf liner and drop them in from the top, screw'em down with extreme prejudice.

Pete
                  Dunno yet, I am gonna get them when he get off of work tonight. Probably no grills on them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cut the rubber, ah so.

Pete
                    Last edited by Piece-it pete; 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM.
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I finally got the speakers and they're not Pioneer at all, they're Kenwood. Specifically KFC-6960ie...my friends old man is a mechanic, he's the one that took them out of the car, and he left a good length of wire so I don't even have to make up any connectors. Easy breezy
                      sigpic

Comment

also, like I figured, no grilles with the speakers. I don't think they're going to fit underneath the stock ones.

Can you just buy taller ones?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X