Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project: Making the vic look great after it's fast..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you gonna put a '79 frt bumper on?

Comment

I have fordman's old inserts if you need them
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a 79 bumper

But I do have a nice new chrome bumper without the trim
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
          The wheels he has for it are halibrand style...Like the old AC Cobras.

definately need a decent drop, need t ofind a decent bodyshop to do the cowl. 2" might be a bit much...I'd suggest mocking it up with carbboard first or get someone to P-shop it with accurate measurements.
          my cowl is only 2" actually a little small

http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

That 2" hood on Duce's looks fine, but it's my opinion that you should either paint yours the color of you car or paint the whole hood black. That would look badass.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

new vinyl top, get rid of the 82 grille, or at least black out the center, leave the 87 tails. Actually, front and rear clips from an 88-91 would be even better since the stupid bumpers would go away too. never been a big fan of the 79-87 vic front and rear anyway. lower rocker trim left alone but lose the piece on the door itself. body color the windshield trim, and color match the trim around the top to the top. drop the car no more than an inch in front, stock or maybe 1/2" lift in the back to give slight rake but nothing obnoxious. I'd also toss the dash trim for an 88-89 stuff since the early woodgrain is cheesy looking. Yes, I'm aware absolutely none of that is what anyone else would do to thier car, but you did ask for suggestions and I think it would look good.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Been there done that.......Just make it different and you will like it. OK
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis
                  Has anyone put a good looking spoiler on the back of a box before?

The squarer and closer to the trunk, probably for the better with a box. Nothing big and ricerish...
                  I wouldn't mind seeing one done Boss 302 style.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                    I wouldn't mind seeing one done Boss 302 style.
                    I think something like the new Mustang's low spoilers would look good...Even better if they weren't as round everywhere...

Maybe something like this as well...

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Wow thain, I am probably gonna take none of those suggestions, lol...

Of course the hood will be white too, like I said, I want it to look subtile...
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Actually thain and I have the same taste for boxes. Except I'd keep my interior the way it is. If a yard will let me do it, Im willing to trade my 82 parts for 88-91 but my chrome is so mint I doubt I'll find any in better condition.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Yea, I'm all for lowering it a little.
                          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                          X