No announcement yet.

paintless dent repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea,I hear ya man.I would go with paintless removal as well,if I had just had the car painted,and didn't want to mess with it again/didn't have the $$$.Not a great deal of painters are good at paint matching anyway.

Comment

Yea, I really hope it works out. I don't expect it perfect but ehhh. I feel bad so she had the oil done today and new EGR valve, position sensor, and wash tomorrow.
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Here are some pics of the damage which, all in all, isn't to bad considering what hit it. I haven't done any checking around still, trying to fix the engine issues first. I did get a chance to clean all of glass because there was some overspray (dry residue/specks) that was driving me crazy. I used a clay bar and got the glass clean as can be.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

i had a little of both.. the roof got repained and i forget what else, the rest is paintless

Comment

some places use a suction type set up for dent/ding removal....some use dry ice. i know some people have used dry ice on ther own and it popped it right out. problem after fixing a dent is it becomes a weak point and can redent easier than before.
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

it works!!!

I had like 5 mini dents pulled out of my caddy. He uses some electrical thing and a wedge? Didn't mess up the paint at all.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795905

Comment

If the guy know what he is doing it can be a wallet saver. At the body shop I used to work at we had a customer come in and have an estimate on the hail repair on his 4 runner. For our shop to do it it was something like 3 grand. the paintless guy did it for $1200 and you couldn't tell at all. he is real good.

Tim
                2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

86GmLsCoupe - Have any pics of the repair work,for us to see???

Comment

Sorry no pics, I haven't had the dents repaired yet. I spent the car's allowance on the alarm. I'll still probably get it fixed at some point. Here are some new pics of the dents I took when I was working on the car the other night.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Too bad were so far apart; I would help you out with it for free.I have successfully performed some paintless repair on my buddys Monte,he was satisfied with my work,and he has a High Gloss Black Paintjob.

Comment

I had a 89 Chevy Caprice police car that had dings all down both sides of the car... Had the local dent place take them out, before i painted the car.. It came out really nice... He did both sides for $85.00. That was about 10-12 dings... only one he couldn't do, the drivers side door right at the edge.... But when he got done, it looked brand new other than the small dent on the door... I was really happy with the results..............
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by trwp72; 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Thanks for the input and help guys. I'm not rushing it but I still want to look into get it fixed at some point. And you both offered examples that it can be done well. I thought I heard somewhere that it's easier to do the dents on the older cars because of the thicker sheet metal. Ever heard of that?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, thicker sheet metal can be popped back into shape with less chance of the "Oil Can Effect" happening.

Comment

saw a guy use those tools to remove a couple hail dents from an explorer hood a couple weeks ago. It was a late model and no broken paint - couldnt tell ever had any damage. Looked like new

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                                The problem with dents in general? They stretch the metal. Paintless, if done properly, gets the major part of the dent removed, but doesn't get it all, as the metal involving the dent needs to be shrunken down back to its original size, which of course, involves heating and cooling the offending spot....of course, ruining the paint.
                                What about a slapping file?
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X