Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About that 79 single headlamp conversion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About that 79 single headlamp conversion...

I finally found a 79 single headlamp "LTD-S" header panel and sweet slotted front bumper for my 87 CV. I remember quite a bit ago somebody told me that header panel will bolt right up to my 87 hood and fenders, just like the 87 header panel. Before I buy this stuff though, Has anyone done this personally or does anyone KNOW 100% that the LTD-S header panel with the awesome running lamp grille is a direct bolt-up fit to the front of my car? I know I have electrical work to do with the harness for the single headlamps and whatnot, but I just dont want to be missing bolt holes or find big gaps when I throw it on there lol. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME! Thanks.

there wont be aby bodt gaps, but i cant promise about the bolt holes.
    If the 88-91 style will swap over, Im sure the "S" panel will too
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The hood is definitely the same?
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yea, The Hood is the same 79-87.The header panel your referring to (Single Headlights) is the Original 79 LTD Header Panel.The LTD-S header panel is the Quad Headlight version,which became standard 80-87.

Comment

Get the conversion headlights also. They are plastic lens and use 9003 type bulbs, better light output. I put the 6054 conversions on my Z56 Tahoe and REALLY noticed a big difference. I used the Xtravision bulbs and my low beams were the equivelent of the old high beams.

Good luck.
          "Nightmare"

Comment

As far as I am aware, the fenders and everything else up front are the same from 79-87 so I don't see why there would be an issue bolting the 2 headlight panel up. Might as well grab the tails with the LTD script in them while you're at it so the back end matches. There's probably some other badging differences as well that you might want to check out. Grab anything thats specific to the 79 LTD-S.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It will all bolt right up... as far as i know all you have to do is plug in thelow beam headlight plug to the single units and rewire the parking lamps... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                The header panel your referring to (Single Headlights) is the Original 79 LTD Header Panel.The LTD-S header panel is the Quad Headlight version,which became standard 80-87.
                No, the "S" LTD is the one with the single headlamps. You could get this from 79 to 81 IIRC
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yep the 80 and 81 LTD shared the Grille old landau grille with the Crown Vic and the S carried over the 79 grille into 81

Comment

Alright, things are sounding better. I should have included what pictures I have to avoid confusion for everyone while youre doing your best to help out. Here's what I have in case it helps. Thanks for the input so far. This is the header panel Im looking to get and a pic of it on a 79 waggon where it belongs. KCSD823, are you talking about the plastic ones like the ones you need to seal up real well that are all over on Ebay, or a different conversion kit?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting....Must have more pic's!
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

That front went to '82, it's always been an LTD only thing. LTD Landau in '79 had 4 lamps and then LTD CV form '80- '82.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I don't know about eBay, but I think JCWhitney still carries them. Yes, they are plastic. really nice.
                          "Nightmare"

Comment

There is an LTD parked in town that has been parked in the same spot under this tree for years... It has the single headlamps, I wonder if they want to part it out or sell for cheap...

Comment

try and get the intire car...
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                              X