chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Edelbrocks use something called Endura-Shine, its some plating crap over the aluminum. Give it a few months and it'll turn white and crusty and you won't have to worry about that anymore.
    Serioiusly??? Ick .....! And they charge so friggin' much for the phantzy coated stuff, too ..... non-Endurashine is good enough for me. :p
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yeah, it doesn't "endura" very well on a daily driver from what i've seen. It just ends up looking like oxidized aluminum in a few months. The boring gold tinted finish that Holleys and other carbs use seems to hold up a whole lot better. I don't know what that plating is, but it works.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think the goldish stuff is anodizing, isn't it?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Edelbrocks use something called Endura-Shine, its some plating crap over the aluminum. Give it a few months and it'll turn white and crusty and you won't have to worry about that anymore.
          Ugha. And theres nothing i can do to prevent it from doing that?
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

polish it weekly

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
              Ugha. And theres nothing i can do to prevent it from doing that?
              Hide it under the air cleaner; then nobody will see it, and it won't matter what it looks like.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                Hide it under the air cleaner; then nobody will see it, and it won't matter what it looks like.
                lol so true
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If that particular problem is unique to EnduraShine-coated parts, it can be avoided by simply not paying for the fancy coating. :p

Comment

Well i got it from ebay... Wasnt many options at the time. Scott do i use crome polish or just carb cleaner? Ugha. I think i will just say fuck that stuff and hide it under my sessy breather. I did kinda want it all to look nice and sessy though.
                    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

chrome polish

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I used high temp clear coat on the chevelle. worked good.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I used that on my intake, and it is brown now; I'd have been better off using nothing. My brother used it on the muffler on his truck (to prevent seam rust) and it turned brown too. This was the spray bomb Duplicolor high temp (800*F or something like that). What brand did you use?
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I wanna say VHT??
                            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Makes sense that VHT would hold up a lot better than Duplicolor.

Comment

Well never mind about the carb... It's preety much as gadget has mentioned . Took the cover off today to show it to a guy that owned it way before i did. And i thought to myself DAMN! that was fast! hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X