Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims

I have an 86 ltd CV and I was wondering whats the largest rims that could fit on it. I wanted to get a set of eighteen inch rims or maybe twentys (because I can get the twentys for cheaper) but, I want to make sure they can fit.
    1986 Ford Crown Victoria Ltd

http://wheelstudio.com/ That's where I found my rims, it has where you can find rims designed for your specific vehicle, that's where I am getting my rims for my car.
    sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
    [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
    [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
    [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Thanks, but they didn't have my car. I was also wondering though, if I get 20's would I have to modify the braking system?

Comment

I wouldn't think so, I have no plans of doing anything to my brake system, other than regular maintnance.

Comment

What size do you plan on getting?

Comment

Helo Tease 20's is what I'm putting on my car

Comment

Yes brakes will need to be adressed. Just do the 98+swap, its not that difficult and its fairly cheap, you can upgrade the rears to disc as well. More rotating mass=stressed brakes.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                Yes brakes will need to be adressed. Just do the 98+swap, its not that difficult and its fairly cheap, you can upgrade the rears to disc as well. More rotating mass=stressed brakes.
                Would twin piston calibers off of a stang fit?

Comment

Nope, newer panther stuff is an easy bolt on tho.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Nope, newer panther stuff is an easy bolt on tho.
                    Hmm... I have a 94 GMQ, damnit I'm coming to yall for advice more often my friend with the 95 Sc2 gonna get me killed. lol

But I defiantly agree I love the 4 wheel disk brakes on my 94 GMQ, I have rear drums on my 83 Chrysler I wanted to get disks on it.

Comment

swap

Is there a thread where the swap is discussed in detail?

Comment

There are a few build threads. There are lots of parts lists around also. I guess one of these days I should get all the info together....
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I was gonna pull pics out of jonnies thread and make a bare bones page with pics/info... I plan to make them for all box mods but all ive done so far is the LED bulb replcements page lol... still workin on it.
                          I prolly could make quickies of all of them first with remote linked pics and text pasted out of threads...
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

But if I get bigger rims, do I have to change the drum brakes too? If so do I just switch my rear axel/differential, with one off a 98+?

Comment

You can just switch the brakes themselves, just take them off the axle and put the disc brake parts on. From what i've heard the swap isn't too difficult just have to reattach the brake lines and e-brake cable. Ask Scott all about it, he's done it a time or two. I'd like to switch my drums out for discs. If I can find a cheap solution for my truck i'll take it.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X