No announcement yet.

"dont apply to painted surfaces"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Obtained" ... nice one. :p Reminds me, is there a thread about the best car wash soaps? I just bought some Armor-All brand since the cheap Meguiar's seems a little too gentle. Used to be they had a lot of gel junk from brands like Prestone that seemed to work OK, but it's been a while since I used those.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I agree with not going to a diy wash, I'm sure there's people that can't do it at home, IE: Apartments or condos. One of the biggest perks of home ownership for me We're going through a severe drought here in SC, and many areas are lot allowing any watering or washing.
      sigpic
      Current Rides
      67 Cougar XR7
      97 Mountaineer 5.0
      03 Ranger XLT

Comment

well the sprayer was theres of course.it would have been all fine and dandy if the hose at the top that the water comes thru wasnt leaking the cleaner.if i had a pressure washer, i would have did it myself.
        sigpic-The Crown(Kodiak)1989,150K Miles,5.0LOpo,autolamps,slicktop,power windows and locks,yet still not good enough to be LX:confused:

Comment

It's not the same as pressurewashing, but Meijer sells handheld steam-cleaners for about $50 with a variety of attachments included. I bought one to use to steam carpet to soften the backing during installation, and it also works good for cleaning light engine grime and even removing wallpaper.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

lol well that sounds good to me.i might have to go and get me one of those steam cleaners hehe
            sigpic-The Crown(Kodiak)1989,150K Miles,5.0LOpo,autolamps,slicktop,power windows and locks,yet still not good enough to be LX:confused:

Comment

that happened to me with the broncoII... I had little red streaks running down the white part of the two-tone after i rinsed it all off... it polished off though.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

small electric pressure washer is cheaper than going to the car wash all the time.......this one i have now is 4 yrs old and i paid 89 bucks for it and i use it alot

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Hmmm. Was the 'sprayer' yours, or something from the car wash? Did you supply the cleaning solvent? Did you accidentally spray the stuff on the roof?

My brother manages car washes (not in OK...lol), and he gets some of the craziest complaints ever. One time someone brought their car in, ran it through the automatic, and swore that the machine sprayed white paint over the rocker panels on the car. It was clear they had run through wet line paint, and the company told them to pound sand. However, when faulty wash equipment is to blame, the company is pretty willing to help the person out. You could go back and see if there is a contact number somewhere, and surely if you look in the phonebook, they have a main office.

I used to get free washes from my brother all the time (touchless, and sometimes the brush washes). The car came out nice, but the equipment never dried the car to my satisfaction, and I used to have water spots. I stopped going because he was tranferred to a wash farther from my house.

The self serve washes are BS; you might as well wash at home if you want to get a nice job. You have to rush for fear you will spend like $10.

I will say one thing though. Those washes dilute the piss out of alot of their solvents, obviously to make them go farther, and they still do a nice job. I obtained a bucket of undiluted soap a year or so ago, and I have to say, I have never seen a car wash soap leave such a shine (I dilute as suggested).
                  some of the car washes around here use a soap that has a red tint and smells like fruit punch Kool-aid. i get thirsty everytime i use it. speaking of its been 9 months since i washed my car, really should do it again
                  http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                  http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                    some of the car washes around here use a soap that has a red tint and smells like fruit punch Kool-aid. i get thirsty everytime i use it. speaking of its been 9 months since i washed my car, really should do it again
                    The stuff I have is blue, and it unfortunately doesn't smell tasty...lol.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                    X