No announcement yet.

rocker panel repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any wide-angle views of what exactly we're looking at?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

heres the piece of inner rocker i got out so far from front of car to pass rear door
      had to cut and rewelded a new seat belt anchor point i thought that would be fine but rust got to it and had to come off.
      Attached Files

Comment

wish i had the skills to do that.. looks like you do nice work
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

finished the rest of the inner rocker encapsultaed inner and finished all welds on top and seam sealed everything.now all i have to do is join the drivers side inner and outter rockers together.then to the passenger side rockers and do it all again
          Attached Files

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

got the inner and outer rocker panels welded together and put down some waterproof filler over welds and then will hit it with regular filler to shape it so it will look good
              Attached Files

Comment

very nice
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

now to passenger side inner rockers. they are rotted and need to be replaced
                  i think that the problem for these rotting from inside is water coming from door sills step covers the covers are held on by screws and when it rains the water gets in to srew holes. up front water drips from fender bolt near window and if the seam sealer is dryed up it will get into kick panel and then find its way to inner rockers and sit there till it evaporates thats why some times you get water on the floor board near kicker panel this is really annoying when it rains hard this will happen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure I have that leak you speak of, my floor under the carpet on my drivers side has been wet for at least 6-8 months. Good luck with your repair, it looks like a major pita.
                    sigpic
                    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Was that repaired already? Funny how such a little hole can end up so big with some persuasion of a hammer.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

no its original this is years of water damage from inside rockers i hate rust so ill be doing
                        all i can to prevent this from happening again on both sides.it is a pita cause if you dont find the water leak your lost

Comment

Por15 and Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator & Convertor are your friend here. My floor's were blasted and sealed but I still need to get a better look at the rockers like you did. Rust happens but from what I've seen on the newer and foreign cars, ours tend to fare much much better.
                          sigpic
                          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

finished driverside rockers all i need now is tp paint
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work, and that is one bad ass looking wagon. Blacked out everything.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

took pass fender off and found where my water leak was coming from there were holes underneath seam sealer by the a piller. it seams the 20+ years took its tole on the seam sealer once water gets uderneath sealer it just sits there till it evaporates.now i know where my water leak is coming from so glad it didnt
                                get under windshield and no more water getting on and in kicker panel then to floor

Comment

Working...
                                X