X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are the pics
    Attached Files

Comment

got pass outer rocker off from rear wheel to front of rear door i looked inside and i can use some of the inner rocker which is good but ill have to get a better look
      Attached Files

Comment

almost done with pass side rocker and it wasnt as bad as i thought used most of inner rocker which save alot of time for me.the outer was a different story had to make a new one and ran out of metal so its almost done.i replaced seam sealer where ever i could and encapsulated also all i got left is the small portion of rocker and then some moisture resistant fiberglass paste over entire rocker and then regular body filler to finish the leveling process
        i hate rust so this got to be done right so it will last. i dont want to do this again for at least another 22 years
        Attached Files

Comment

I noticed a couple of things: one, it looks like you did the repair with the doors still on the car - was that difficult? I would have thought one should remove the doors so as to have easier access to the upper pinch weld if needed. Also, it doesn't look like you contoured your patch material at all. I would have thought that would be cosmetically awkward - or is it going to be covered up by factory brightwork?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

not hard with doors on all the pinch welds i got were from inside you have to take seats out though the inner rocker in inbetween floor pan and outer rocker so most of my pinch welds i got from inside and the ones on the outer rocker were easy to get too.i did not
            contoured patch to much i did lose the lip that you wuold lift the body from.

Comment

I hope I don't sound too rude, but I want to make sure I parsed that nasty run-on sentence correctly:

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
              Not hard with doors on. All the pinch welds i got were from inside. You have to take the seats out, though.

The inner rocker is in between floor pan and outer rocker, so most of my pinch welds i got from inside;the ones on the outer rocker were easy to get too.

I did not contour the patch too much. I did lose the lip that you would lift the body from.

By "from inside", does that mean that on your particular car you only had to replace metal on the inside (floorpan side) of the top pinch welds and not the outside?

By "lose the lip", I assume that the lower rocker pinch weld is now a butt joint?

Comment

in the picture #7 is the inner rocker which i replaced completely from front to back #5 is the outer rocker which i replaced also #5 has a type of c shape and i did not duplicate that c shape i didnt have enough metal and they dont make replacement rockers so thats what i chose to do
                Attached Files

Comment

OK, I think I understand better now. Oddly, among other things, I hadn't really realized that the B pillar is a separate piece. Thanks for posting that picture!

Comment

got time to put carpet in before i installed it i layed it out and sprayed the back of carpet with undercoating and it is like a new car now. im also putting speakers in the kick panels and i lost the pieces of push clips so if anyone
                    has a picture of them it would help
                    Attached Files

Comment

cool.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X