No announcement yet.

stainless steel lower trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like them if they had them Lincoln style but without the lights I think they look awesome. I would probably wire them in to flash on and off with the signals with the blinker mod.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I think the Ford trim actually is all clips, but they sit on weld studs if I'm not mistaken. I guess you could screw the clips on though. The Lincoln stuff is clips and screws, lots of both. If you're putting screws in, dip them in silicone or something first to seal the metal around the screw so it doesn't rust as fast.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea, you can screw the clips on. i dip my screws in anti-seize before install. i did this on GMGT for the rear quarter.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I have a approx 2" wide strip of polished aluminum trim on the rocker panels for my 1990 CV P72. Would like to remove one side to straighten out some dints and reinstall it. Any special way to remove it without further damage ?
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dugal View Post
            I have a approx 2" wide strip of polished aluminum trim on the rocker panels for my 1990 CV P72. Would like to remove one side to straighten out some dints and reinstall it. Any special way to remove it without further damage ?
            Cheers
            Hey Doug

In the rear wheel well there is an acorn nut (10mm) right behind the end of the trim. Remove that nut then push on the stud and grab a hold of the trim. Pull the trim away from the body. The trim will snap off of the clips up till the very front where you have to push the entire piece directly towards the front of the car so the final clip reaches a relieve cut into the trim. Dont be worried about pulling on the trim as it is very durable.

-david
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
            X