No announcement yet.

18" mustang bullitt wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no need for custom ones. i just picked a set of 4 2" off ebay for $111 and some change. if you use common sense, make sure you got a clean flat surface, and torque the lug evenly (skipping every other lug) then youll be fine. i cannot imagine a company making faulty spacers granted that could cause a serious accident and huge problems for them.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
      You don't need spacers for a backspacing that it less than stock, that would just push the wheels out more. You only need spacers for wheels that have higher than stock back spacing, such as the mentioned Bullitts, which have 6 inch backspacing IIRC
      thankyou for that. ive been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

They must be hubcentric as well.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          It wouldn't hurt. I switched from 21mm to 19mm because there was a slight clearance issue while securing the spacer to the axle.
          Also, this shop is trying to get your money.

-ryan s.
          Why r they trying to get my money. The guy that runs the shop is a good friend of my family and he showed me on his computer that they didnt make spacers for my year car. I bought the spacers on my own he just recommended the place to me. He didnt make no money on me from the spacers. He said the spacers on eBay would vibrate and he knows I'm real picky about my car and I don't want no vibration.

Comment

I just find it odd because the same spacers for your 2000 also includes all Panthers from, what, 1980? until 2002. And some Jeeps also use the same spacers because a lot of them use the 8.8 rear axles. So there is, in essence, millions of vehicles that would use these spacers.
            I find as long as they use T-6064 billet aluminum, there shouldn't be any problem.
            I just couldn't justify $325 in spacers.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I feel you bro but with the custom made spacers no vibration this guy is convinced that there will be vibration . Let me mention that this guys deals with mostly high end and high performance car every time I go there there's Porsches bmw m3s I seen a Lamborghini and a ford gt so maybe anyways it's too late already paid for them I asked if I could cancel it and they said it was too late ill kno next time.

Comment

All I do know is that there better be no vibration at all even at 100mph+

Comment

quick question.. what does hub centric mean?

Comment

nevermind.. found it.. and that was a long ass explanation.. glad i didnt make one of you guys explain it hahaha

Comment

Ya. That's important shizzle too.
                      I hope they work for you mang!!!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

eh... if that description was accurate, the rims on the Merc are lug centric. same as the new ones for the towny

Comment

Any suggestion on what to do with the rubbing? Rides fine when I'm alone but if I have 1 or more passengers when I'm on the high way and giver over slopes the car rocks and drops and rubs real hard. My suspension is real loose and smooth should I just roll or cut the fenders or should I upgrade my suspension to make it stiff or should I do both I wanted to drop it a little but I think it's not a good idea now that I have this running issue. Cab u guys give me some suggestions

Comment

rolling the lip up tight on the fender will probably be the first and possibly last step. the trim may not like it though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

How big are the spacers?

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

2 " in the rear 1.5 in the front

Comment

Working...
                                X