X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's shit like this

The guy HAAAAADDDDD to cut the part I needed. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people have no junkyard courtesy. Smh.
    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I've done shit like that a few times. Need a part that's a bitch to get to (mostly cause rusted or corroded fasteners), parts around it get sacrificed. I'll try to unbolt shit so the next guy can possibly make use of it, but there is a point where you gotta just say fawk it this ain't worth my time or efforts and go for the power tools. And for all you know the car was damaged by the junkyard loader operators anyways, as that looks like no sawzall cut to me, and even hatcheting fiberglass leaves a cleaner looking edges where the part separated.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Comment

Maybe it was already cracked?

Header panels are like the #1 seller at salvage yards (other than doors at pick n pulls that people replace because they are too lazy to change the window motor). Guessing the yard management didn't see that one.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Wasn't. I saw this car when it came onto he lot. Got first pickings on it. Step dad runs the lot. Was gonna come back for it. Two days later this too slow I guess

Comment

Parts Galore on 8 Mile?

I agree with HRG, I've messed stuff up to get what I want but I will try to do everything I can not to.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yes 8 Mile.

Comment

I try to be a decent guy at the pull a part, but I am not packing up all my tools, gathering my parts, and hauling it all to the front just to take a leak. I will however avoid peeing on a car if possible.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
                    I try to be a decent guy at the pull a part, but I am not packing up all my tools, gathering my parts, and hauling it all to the front just to take a leak. I will however avoid peeing on a car if possible.
                    Haha can't tell you how many dudes I walk up on pissing on the side of a car. It's not that far to the port-a-potties but some people are just lazy scum. I go to the yard to maybe glom some parts, not see some gardener's wiener...

Comment

May not be far at your yard, but some of the one I visit it's like a half-mile walk, uphill, with bigass gravel chunks to walk on, and nice two-tracks left by the loaders. And one time when I got back to what I was working on someone had ninja-ed me and taken whatever it was that I was removing!

But shaking the snake ain't nothing, the cake really goes to the ones who decide it's appropriate to deposit a #2 in a scrapped RV or a bus the sleeper of a road tractor cab. Wtf people, wtf?!
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Alone, I'll piss while watching my tools. Ain't going inside a plastic crapper while my tools are outside and certainly not taking them in there with me.

I am very lucky that #2 has never called while scrounging for parts.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I always go with others so we have a crew to watch the tools while one of us goes to drain their tool.

Or I'm going for just a couple of things I know where they are and I'm done within 30 minutes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was pulling trim off a car once and noticed that when I got around to the driver's side with the open window it was smelling pretty foul. #2 on the back floor. Needless to say I found the piece of trim from that side of the car on another one that wasn't dookified.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                              You beat me to it with this one! Great video by ETCG.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                              X