Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u want some clear lenses?
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

u had clear lenses pete?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
        Is it that hard? Just pull the cup holder and black piece from the '92-'94, then install it in the '90, yes? ...or is modification required?

No modification required. The black piece from the donor vehicle bolts right in place of your old one.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
          u want some clear lenses?
          You have some from a '91? Let's talk.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Nice Wagon!Looks to be in decent shape.I would'nt mind having one someday myself as my Cargo Hauler/Grocery Getter.Just wondering,was that wagon originally badged as the LTD Crown Vic or the LTD Country Squire?

Comment

LTD Crown Vic. I've never seen a Country Squire that didn't have woodgrain panel decals.
              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Yep, that's right...the wierd thing is mine is a CS, but the title and registration says LTD wagon or crown vic wagon.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Mine came up Country Squire on CarFax...no wood.
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Its more of a trim level distinction that I'll bet 99% of the world neither cares about or understands. When I had my Superbeetle, if I corrected someone from calling it a Beetle, they looked at me wierd unless they actually knew VWs. Same difference, though the difference between a Superbeetle and a Beetle are a hell of a lot more substantial than the difference between a CS and a CV wagon.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Need some tech help, guys... this thing started stalling out not long after we got it... then it started getting worse and worse... now it won't even start. It spins in attempt, but no starting. It has a new fuel pump, filter, and relay. My dad says it's getting spark and fuel pressure is at 38psi.
                      I don't have extensive no-start experience; anyone have suggestions as to what I can try next?
                      Could a bad starter spin it well but not allow it to start?

Comment

Check the solenoid on the passenger side fender. That'll cause a no-start condition. Bridge the posts with a screwdriver and if the car starts, there's your problem. They get old and overheat. They're fairly cheap too(last one I bought cost $12).

Comment

Even though it spins the motor really well? Seems like if it's spinning the motor the solenoid is doing its job...

Comment

Usually when the solenoid goes it just clicks, no turning over.
                            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Doh, wrong forum.

I forgot I was on GMN and not CVU.

Comment

Hm, thats touchy. Spark and fuel pressure and it wont fire. Will it fire if you squirt something into the throttle body? It might not be getting injector pulse for some reason, though usually the reason for that is a bad pickup, which would be indicated by no fire most of the time. The pickup also relates to the fuel pump operation while cranking. If you have a spare distributor it might be worth swapping in just to see what happens. Can you hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key to on? Could possibly be the ECM relay or fuel pump relay too, or maybe a bad ECM, or even the ground wire for the ECM thats on the negative battery post. Maybe dirty connections on the starter solenoid too? Bad igniton switch? Poor connections on the engine to engine bay harness (the big white and black connectors), a shorted / bad TPS that makes the engine think you're in WOT mode and cutting out the fuel injector pulse.

Just tossing out ideas. I dunno, swap out what you have laying around at no cost already and see what happens from there.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X