No announcement yet.

Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that mirror off of? It really looks good!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
      just a new pic, anyone notice anything differnt??
      Your front bumper is different. I'm probably wrong, but the way that picture is, it looks like there are no vents in there

Comment

not really a fan of the mirrors. glad the car is getting restored

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I pulled a pair of 3rd generation camaro mirrors that looked a lot like those when I was parts gathering for the tudor.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

What did you use for tire paint?
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Ok i know some of you guys wont like the way i am going with this car but i dont care cause im makeing it the way i want,
              so this weekend i did my sunken anttenas and started building my custom continental kit, i still have to do the body work around the anttenas,
              The continental kit is comming together very well, i just have to weld a few more supports in and get a cover for the spare tire, ( one with the stainless steel outer ring, and fiberglass that covers the face of the tire, i have to pick up some sheet metal this week and start fabricating the panels that come from the bumper to the body, so here are a few pics of what i have done,

And fender skirts are a must for this project

Comment

Comin together nicely, shes gonna look fuckin awesome when shes finished. Think about what I said about the cutting the window frame off the door.

Comment

Hey, a couple - well, three - questions.

1) Is the bumper jack still going to be safe with that extension on the rear bumper?

2) How'd you do the sunken-antenna dealie, just get some steel tube and weld it to the body and slap a plate on the bottom?

3) Are you going to shave the fender flare when adding the fender skirts?

Comment

nope i wont use the bumperjack on the car, ill carry a small hydralic one,
                    yea the sunken annteas are made out of steel tubeing with a washer on the bottom,
                    and im just going to order a set of skirts from JC whintey and modify them to cover more of the wheel

Comment

Bumper jacks fuckin pieces of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanVic84 View Post
                        Bumper jacks fuckin pieces of shit.
                        Oh well, I kind of like 'em. Especially since I seem to be impaired with respect to the selection of a portable hydraulic jack that actually does what I need it to do by the roadside.

Comment

Damn I love the antennas! Shit I wish I would have thought of that on my wagon while it was under. I dont know about the continental kit but it will be interesting to see it getting built up. The sideskirts are going to be badass on it. You molding them in there or are you going to make them removable?
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

They'd better be removable if he ever wants to get the rear wheels off. lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yea the skirts will be removeable, yup this is going to be one intresting project, im going with a 50's theme for it

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Oh well, I kind of like 'em. Especially since I seem to be impaired with respect to the selection of a portable hydraulic jack that actually does what I need it to do by the roadside.
                                Thats just my opinion, I'm not telling you what to like and dislike.

Comment

Working...
                                X