Announcing the arrival of: RaMaPhOnE's '85 LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing the arrival of: RaMaPhOnE's '85 LTD

This car was my grandpa's ride since it was new, its been in a garage its whole life and has only been to the grocery store, library, and liquor store. It has only 95,000kms.

I've just recently aquired the car due to my grandpa not getting his license renewed, He's 85!

Anyways, my plans for the car are basically eveything I can do to it. I will keep it looking relatively stock as it is going to be my sleeper.

Attatched are lame pics in shitty conditions.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

awesome mang! youve got to have the most rust free Canada box ever!!!!
    Thats cool it was garaged its whole life. Do you drive it in the snow??? I hope its undercoated!

Looks nice keep it up!

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looks great, mang! And welcome! Did that car come from the factory with the dual exhaust or was that put on later?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

whats the power cord on top of the bumper for is it electric
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

block heater
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I try not to drive it too much when it is snowy, i was just on my way home from washing it. Thankfully it has been undercoated, It has a few very small areas of rust to take care of (rockerpanel seams, inside of rear bumper, and by the rear aluminum trim panels.)
            I had just replaced the tailpipes that day, the whole exhaust is original as far as I know, no exhaust reciepts with it.(Grandpa had every one of em for 22 years).
            And yes, the cord is for the block heater, which is plugged in right now as it is a balmy -25 degrees Celcius.
            Anyways, thanx for the props, stay tuned for updates!

Later.
            J.
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome looking car, man. Glad you found GMN.
              -Matt
              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Sweet Vic, I see a HO conversion in its future. Dual exhuast=teh win. Welcome to GMN.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

VERY NICE! Lucky gift indeed!

Best bet is to replace the bumper with a "new" one from a junk yard. Every once in a while someone sells a bunch on Ebay, but it's rare.

Comment

nice vic mang thats really special that your grandpa took such good care of it. it makes you think of your grandpa each time you drive it

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

You're fuckin nuts for drivin that in the winter!!
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sweet car mang, i also live in canada

Comment

No rust free boxes in southern ontario If there are, I cant find em. Nice car man, looks alot like blaze's
                          sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                          Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                          Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                          1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Very cool!
                            welcome to GMN!
                            I see you already have dual exhaust, so that will make things a lot better already.
                            The good thing about these cars is that you do not have to spend a fortune to get it moving.
                            if you really want to get it moving without doing a lot of engine mods, I'd swap out the rear end to a Limited Slip Differential with a Ring and Pinion ratio of around 3.55 or 3.73.
                            That alone will make you LOADS faster!
                            I raced a stock 91 Vic(box) with the 351 motor and the stock 2.73 rear end and I beat him by about 2 full seconds!
                            and the only major difference between our cars besides the motor was a 3.55 rear end in my car! It's the best thing I ever did to my MAGNA.
                            It cost me about $1100 to have it done, but it was worth it!
                            you could easily take that motor from 5.slow to 5.GO!
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

If you want it to haul, high flow cats, performance mufflers, lower gears, and a shift kit and if you can afford a wide ratio trans will really help that car move. And upgrading the brakes helps a lot too, so if you can find a 92-97 rear axle in a junkyard, you can do a rear disk swap. You can ask Scott(lincolnmania) all about a rear disk swap.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X