• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice box!!!!
    Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 91LTDProject
      No rust free boxes in southern ontario If there are, I cant find em. Nice car man, looks alot like blaze's
      Mine is pretty well rust free mang,,, But its not for sale

Comment

Nice car mang. The duals probably mean your car has the towing package. Check for a tranny cooler in front of the radiator in the drivers side.

I assume you have the 5.0? The 5.8 was available in Canada too, but not here in 1985 unless you were a police officer.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

My plans for the LTD.

Alrighty folks, I have some ideas of where i'd like to go with my car.
          Its a 302ci (5.0L) VIN F (that's the slow one) with 4speed AOD and i'm not sure, but most likely 2.73 rear end.

I'm going to start with headers and exhaust and at the same time get an edlebrock pro performer intake manifold w/ a 4barrel carb to get her breathing a little better.

I'd also like to change the rear end gears to say 3.55.

As for cosmetics, i'm not doing much besides tint and chrome exhaust tips, i'll make her look sexy later, for now she's gonna be my sleeper.

Of course rims and tires, I love the setup Murph's Deuce is, I also like the rims that Blaze has.

I like guages , buddies of mine have a shop, they do custom work (fiberglass, plastics etc.) and they're gonna make me a centre console once i decide how many guages i'm going to have and where i want them. I need a voltmeter, oil pressure guage, coolant temp, a small tach, an ammeter, and a vacuum gauge. Obviously all the guages won't be going into the console, the tach will go on the steering column, voltmeter and temp in the instrument cluster. The console will also have a power inverter for AC stuff.

Anyways, i'm gonna put this novel to rest, hope you guys read it, i'll be waiting for your advice, opinions and suggestions.

Thanx!
          J.
          sigpic

Comment

Good to hear! If you are gonna put gauges in the cluster I guess you are going to do it relatively the same as I did. I'd recommend that you get 140mph just for kicks, though it's identical to an 85mph one.

Here is my gauge install thread.

3.55 is a great gear choice for an all around driver. Get a limited slip differential when you do. A factory ford one is in the $50-$100 range but has it's performance limitations, race and posi diffs can range from $250-$450.
            Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-01-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. Do you have CFI or is it carburated?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by RaMaPhOnE
                I also like the rims that Blaze has.
                Good like finding a set of those, apparently they've been discontinued.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by RaMaPhOnE

I like guages
                  me too!!! I made a center console for mine.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

More specific plans for my Vic.

Alrighty, I've decided that I'm going to build a 331 stroker, with AFR 165cc aluminum cylinder heads, 1.7:1 roller rocker arms, Edelbrock Pro Performer intake manifold w/ a 4bbl 650cfm carb,MSD Ignition, Doug's Headers, remove my A/C and smog shit of course, as well as upgrade my water pump and radiator, hoses etc.
                    All that with a 3.55:1 final drive, I should have a pretty sweet daily driver.
                    (I only do 1 weekend of bracket racing each year.)

Lemme know what you think.
                    Thanx.
                    J.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a nice combo. I dunno if anyone is running a 331 in a Box yet, you might be the first.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

my bros 88 town car is 99.999999% rust free, and its an ontario car. its jus got a tiny spec above the windshield.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                        X