No announcement yet.

The Flying Brick - 90 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy fuckin shit i cant believe i missed this thread...

Zack i am amazed!!!!!!! i wish i had acess to half of the shit you had when i did my LTD. mine was a half-assed shitty paintjob compared to yuors. mad props to you man.. thats the sexiest panther wagon on earth, no doubt!

now it needs a good motor.

BTW its not too late, but if the chrome tril around the windows were black, it would look even better
    LTD is still here

Comment

i told him what my plans were on it if i was gonna keep it. i said i would have done what he did but blacked out the chrome around the windows as you suggested. he did mention above he was gonna get better trime and black it out so he is creating the waggin i though up when i originally had it. it turned out too look like a killer.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

That friggin wagon RAWKS!!!!!!!! Good job mang!!!!!.

Packman

Comment

From one Zach to another Zack, that is fucking gorgeous. Love the color, and with the grill blacked out..... you basically nailed what I'm told I talk about in my sleep. Excellent work.
          sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
          Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
          Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
          1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

So that WAS your wagon I saw. Fucking beautiful, man.

Since you are finished with the bodywork, you feel empty and lost, right? Well, I just happen to know where a certain Barracuda that needs some TLC is sitting, waiting for a new paintjob...

Click my sig pic.

Comment

Yeah it is nice not doing bodywork on this thing anymore the mechanical stuff it what I am liking now on it. Yeah man how much work would be needed, I dont know if my instructors want me working on something that old at school cause they like to have the cars that we work on 10 years or newer cars. I would like to work on it though.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Not as much bodywork as the wagon needed, I'd think. Mainly, I'd want engine work done to it, as that is what is needed most right now.

And when they bring age into the factor, just tell them that cars from the 60s and early 70s are much easier to work on than anything made in the last decade.

Click my sig pic.

Comment

Well that is the case, todays metal is much thinner then the older metal so they want us to get use to the new stuff.

Comment

i say i let you take Deuce off my hands for body work in the spring after the new engine install. then you can be able to drive a 2 door that is built up. just an idear....otherwise take the Grand Marquis i am getting since it will need the passenger side rocker replaced. paying for the stuff you do at your school for you to do i dont think would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                      Well that is the case, todays metal is much thinner then the older metal so they want us to get use to the new stuff.
                      I am actually astonished by what I am seeing here, and even more astonished as to why I didn't see it beforehand. Excellent work, I honestly wouldn't have done that to a woodgrain car, just due to the extra work involved, and that is why I appreciate it even more.
                      If you ever want to sell it, let me know, seriously.

One note: Concerning the bumpers.....typically, with chrome, you can't just paint over it, as it flakes right back off fairly quickly....is there something you did differently to get it to stick better?

Once again, thank you for actually doing what so many of us can never commit to, to be honest, I was beginning to wonder if anyone here would ever build anything like that.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Thank you. As for the bumpers I sanded them down with 400 grit then etch primed them, sealed, painted and cleared them. My instructor told me that is the way to paint chrome so we will see how it holds up. I know what you mean though as usually it has to be sandblasted off.

Comment

i am curious to know what would happen if you drove into a Ford Stealership. i wonder how employees would react to your waggin'. be funny to hear what they have to say about it

Comment

I always get some interesting looks when I drive the Rusty Wreck into the Ford dealership parking lot...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I can tell you they don't like it when you park your $100 beater zephyr right out front of the dealership, looking for box parts.
                              -Matt
                              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                                I always get some interesting looks when I drive the Rusty Wreck into the Ford dealership parking lot...lol
                                Try driving an ancient Roman battle chariot into a Ford Dealership parking lot, wearing nothing but ass-less chaps....

Comment

Working...
                                X