The Flying Brick - 90 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the glasspack.

The ones I had on my merk sounded better than the ones on it currently..
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      Depends on the glasspack.

The ones I had on my merk sounded better than the ones on it currently..

My Dad says they don't make them like they used to. He said the best ones were the Walkers, with the blue case; "hollywood mufflers" as he calls them.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

A friend of mine has "glasspacks" on his 94 Bronco 302. At my suggestion, he got two old glasspacks that were hollowed out and put piping through it so that it looks like he's got glasspacks but it's just straightpiped.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The blue case ones are Patriots. Yes they still make them
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
            "The mufflers your dad used to impress his friends"

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
              Yeah, we have tried the blue case Patriot Glass packs. They suck too. My Dad had them on a '77 Ford truck (F or L 700, maybe 7000) that had a 428 in it.

The Walker glasspacks used to have a blue case too...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Zack, I just sat and read this whole thread after seeing PotM and going, "Who the FUCK is that?!"

Amazing work, hands down. My hat off to you, sir.
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  What glasspacks do you have ( I know I've asked you this before)? We had two sets on my '88 (Thrush the first time, Cherry Bomb the second), and they were both quiet as shit. The second set was behind gutted cats too. Not a good sound at idle, or under acceleration. It was too quiet!!!!
                  Well to be completely honest, I'm not 100% sure. I know they don't have baffles and they never were red like the Cherry Bomb on my Ranger. They are offset too. My uncle installed them before I got the car. I think he bought them at Advance Auto back about 2002. I have two gutted cats. You can definitely hear it at idle and part throttle sounds good. Crusing at 60MPH sounds like heaven. Full throttle accelerating sounds kinda crappy, though. You can hear the car start up from inside a building.
                  I plan to install them on the wagon when the '82 gets a new exhaust with the new motor (whenever that happens).
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                    Zack, I just sat and read this whole thread after seeing PotM and going, "Who the FUCK is that?!"

Amazing work, hands down. My hat off to you, sir.
                    Thanks alot! I can't wait to do more to it.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Well........whens the HO swap coming?
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

i like the reflection of the cloudy sky on the hood!

Comment

I got my thrush glasspacks on it with tailpipes on it a couple of weeks ago now. Sounds fucking wicked. Just been cleaning the shit out of it. I will have some new pics hopefully this weekend when I get some new batterys for my camera. I did have a mishap though with it, it was rainy one night and I had a few in me and was whiping bitches and hit a curb, Curb rashed the shit out my front right bullitt. So that pissed me off. Cragars are going to be going on it when I get out of school and have a job (just a couple of months away). It is either going to be that or buy a new GTO, fuck I drove a 6 speed one last week and I got bitten.

Ordering a shift kit here soon too. Yeah I am still alive.

Comment

We expect pics when you do, Travis Bickle!

Comment

Ok I finally got my pics. You can see my new tails and all that shit.

This is what you get when you have had a few and go whip bitches in the rain. Im and dumbass.

Comment

Sux about the curb rash, but that still has to be one of the coolest CV wagons around! When's the HO upgrade going to happen?

-Rob
                                1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                                Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                                Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Working...
                                X