Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 Grand Marquis GS

Hello all

I'm the proud owner of a '91 Grand Marquis GS. It's currently got about 105,000 miles(not sure, the odometer broke a while back, but we got it fixed). It's got the 5.0, AOD, and the 2.73 rear gears. Drives great for an old land yacht And the weird thing is: I'm 16. I actually WANTED this for my first car. And my parents didn't suggest it first. I'm crazy, I know. Anyway, I'll shut up and post some pics

I don't have any interior pics at the moment, but it's got the blue cloth interior, and it's CLEAN. It's a fun car to cruise around in, and I'm even getting 25mpg!

I'm also working on a 3D version for computer games:

Enjoy!

The car's bone stock at the moment, but I'm thinking of maybe an HO conversion, probably some 3.27 rear gears, and most likely stiffer springs/shocks(shocks are dead anyway, not totally but close), a Panhard rod/Watts link for the back axle(back squirms around a bit in hard cornering), and maybe some other stuff...most likely going to start with a throttle body.

Comments welcome!

Welcome to GMN. Nice to see we're getting more kids who like these cars. And that is a very clean looking Merc, was it kept in a garage by an old man?
    Anywho, all the tech and info you'll ever need you can find on here, we all want to help ya mang. Can't wait to see that car in HO form.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Welcome to GMN! My first car was the '85 Lincoln in my sig, and I wanted it, too. Wasn't just something I settled for. Good to see another young person who's interested in panthers!

Great looking car, too! Thanks for posting the pix right away...usually we have to beg the n00bs to post pix of their cars. lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement

My dad had a '98 CVPI that he bought new, put 425k(not a typo!) on it and it still ran/looked like new That was a bit of encouragement to buy something like it, especially with "only" 100k.

However, a problem appears to have cropped up...at speeds near idle, the Check Engine light keeps popping up...and it's running rough and stalling when I stop. I'm having to drive the auto tranny like a manual, shifting into neutral when I stop. Any ideas? We've checked the air valve(or whatever), cleaned the intake/throttle body(took the intake hose off), tried carb cleaner in the fuel, other things like that. Even took it to a shop, and they were stumped...Anybody have this happen to them?

Comment

My 88 used to die on me in traffic, then we took it to a shop to have the ignition coil replaced and that seemed to do the trick.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

welcome mang,,, love the car, did you make that game?

Comment

I love the car, she's sharp! If you've got any questions or need some advice (or you just wanna flaunt your stuff) you've come to the right place! Welcome!
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

welcome to gmn mang you grandmarquis look sharper than mine

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

you arent crazy!!! these cars kick ass...

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

OOoo it's like a brandy new version of my car (almost). haha Looks great man!
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

nice to see young guys driving fullsize fords...jus dont be planning a future donk on us now, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

to GMN!
                        That's a VERY nice Grand Marquis you got there...
                        one of the few I've seen without rust or cracks on the vinyl.
                        very cool!
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Excellent looking car!

No, you aren't crazy. My first car is my '88 Marquis LS. I've had it for over a year now. Mine was garage-kept by an old couple. So your's looks like mine, only white. Except mine is in the shop right now due to a woman driver...

Can't wait to see how you mod it.

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

looks like mine did when i bought it. very clean looking car you have. im currently looking for a k code rear end for my car (3.55s), and im also wanting to do an ho conversion in the future. btw what game is that??
                            Stock 91 Merc GM GS 5.0L EFI, AOD, 2.73 Open diff
                            Current Best 1/4 Mile 17.175 = 165 RWHP 190 Engine HP
                            http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15193

Comment

neat
                              2000 Police Interceptor Retired Forrest Hills P.D

Comment

Working...
                              X