No announcement yet.

VicCrownVic's 1989 Colony Park - Large Marge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early boxes don't have a "sensor" exactly. There is nothing electronic about it, its purely mechanical in nature and regulates the vacuum. The later cars use an actual sensor, a thermistor that changes resistance with temperature.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Neat, thanks for the info. I'll likely dig into it in the Fall timeframe. Too much going on at the moment to make it a priority, especially considering I've got the heat working at full heat now. I suppose then, he only way to use the '90+ sensor would be to convert to a '90+ system, which I could do, but do I really want to is the question (probably not).
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Muffler rotted out and broke over the weekend. It was dragging so I threw a ratchet strap from one frame rail to the other to hold it up. That worked until the next day when the ratchet strap broke and I threw another one on. Got most of the big stuff moved from the old place to the new place, so I decided to just park it in the garage at the new place, got a ride back with my father-in-law, and I'll properly deal with it later.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

When the muffler decided it didn't want to be attached 100% on my truck, I promptly sawzalled it right off just behind the cab. Drove it like that for about seven months before I replaced the entire thing from the manifolds back. That was ~3 years ago and this cheap aluminized stuf has started to rot out at the welds. Don't know of any shops that'll put in a stainless steel exhaust.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No shops with stainless? Wow... ALL the shops near me offer stainless. Only one has a mandrel though. The rest use pinch/crinkle bends or just off-the-shelf parts (order in shop and come back when they show up). I understand not having stainless on the shelf down here, but up in the rust belt? That sucks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah I'd expect to have to special order crappier pipe up there.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, it's probably some sort of profiteering deal all these exhaust shops are in on. Truth be told, it's been three years since I searched, so perhaps there is a shop now that'll do it. Don't like the idea of crinkle pipes, but that's better than this stuff which rots right off.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                X