No announcement yet.

FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that looks so empty! An amazing transformation...I'd start to try to clean up my engine bay like that, but I have no idea what does what; probably best I leave it alone. :smirk:

I really do like the diamond plate shelf. Very nice touch. And can't wait to see the gauge setup either.

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
      Damn that looks so empty! An amazing transformation...I'd start to try to clean up my engine bay like that, but I have no idea what does what; probably best I leave it alone. :smirk:

I really do like the diamond plate shelf. Very nice touch. And can't wait to see the gauge setup either.
      Well, it's kind of the best way to figure out what everything does, but good electrical skills are a must. I'm pretty sure I even have the color of every wire under the hood memorized at this point.
      That diamond plate is one of my favorite mods. It looks good, and its a great place to set tools while you're working

Got the gauges in the car tonight. Haven't wired in the blinker LED's, or the few other lights I will include. I'm going to put in a blue led that comes on when my fan is on, sometimes i forget to turn off the fan when it's no longer needed, that will remind me. Also still need to test how well the speedo cable stays on with my current setup. Just used the stock cable which wont actually thread onto the gauge, so I'm using other methods to keep it in place. Had to hack out pretty much all the plastic in the dash directly behind the instrument cluster to get everything to fit. Depth was a big issue with the main dash wiring harness in the way.

On a seperate note, i've noticed that a few fuses in my dash fuse panel aren't hot, however nothing that those fuses run isn't working, no clue wtf to make of that.

cant wait to test them out tomorrow
      Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Oooo That is going to be nice.

I remember Blaze talking about the harness behind the cluster and how he made a bridge for it when he installed his gauges. I was lucky enough to cut out a little hole on each side just so gauges would sit flush...though the wiring harness was still close to everything. lol
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

awesome work mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Wow, nice work on the gauges.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Maaaaaaan I'm getting jealous again of these underhood shenanigans. You may have just inspired my lazy ass to get mine that tidy, like you inspired me to go ahead and do the SEFI conversion....!
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looks great marc can't wait to see the finished gauges

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

How does it run now with the fuel filter the right way?

Comment

that gauge cluster is hawtness!

want!

all I really need is about $10k and the mods to the 88 would be done (engine, suspension, 4x4, etc)... $15k for a really nice engine and beefed up trans in the mix... and then I would have a damn good reason to custom up an instrument cluster like that. as it is now... it would be all show and no go... and I prefer all go and no show... so even though I would love to do this... I'll wait until I have something that it would really do justice to.

absolutely awesome look though. definitely want pics of this installed

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. No more work on it yet, weather ruined my fun and i found myself working on everyone else's cars.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      Maaaaaaan I'm getting jealous again of these underhood shenanigans. You may have just inspired my lazy ass to get mine that tidy, like you inspired me to go ahead and do the SEFI conversion....!
                      I hope you do get inspired to do it, I'd be interested to see what you come up with that i didn't think of.

How does it run now with the fuel filter the right way?
                      Haven't really had enough of a chance to notice yet, only been driven like 15 miles since i put it back together. And I've got a tank of non-ethanol gas in it for the first time in years so thats contributing to improvements too. That was a pricey fill up, only one gas station in the area with regular gas so its like .70 more. The car deserved a treat....

Hopefully some updates soon...

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

I forgot how tall you were

Looks like that engine shouldn't even run. I like the diamond plating mang.

Comment

I'll probably ship the speedo cable out tomm. Enjoy, mang!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Remembered my camera today so got a few clips driving around, sorry though, couple parts are a bit shaky.

Comment

She moves good. I see the new gauge setup is nearly complete too.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cracked windshield?
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X