Mom's offset-frontal head-on pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom's offset-frontal head-on pics...

Hey guys, when it rains, it pours. Spent some time in the ER due to a kidney stone the other day. At the same time I couldn't get a hold of my Mom (She's an RN, and Moms know best). Turns out she was at another hospital at the same time due to an offset-frontal head-on crash. She's doing okay now, and I am okay as well, just sore as an MF. Thought I'd share some photos with you guys.

My Fusion's in the background. All of her car doors still open/close perfectly!

None of the paint flaked off the car.

The hit was hard enough to detach the sun visors, the dome light, and all the reading lights. I gave her some heat for buying a Benz, but it looks like it may have saved her life. The car had only 28k on it. This makes me wonder if putting my family in the Fusion is a good idea. It doesn't rate too well with crash tests.

[QUOTE=torquelover;239249]

My Fusion's in the background. All of her car doors still open/close perfectly!
    QUOTE]

Even the front passenger door? Lol. Your mom's okay right? Is that car totaled? Looks it.

Comment

Yeah, all doors still work. I was shocked. The hood was a little difficult...
      She's okay. She has a 7" long laceration from her seatbelt, some bruises, and her right knee/leg is really messed up. No broken bones, but it looks really bad. I imagine the car's totalled. I sure wouldn't want it back if they fixed it.

Comment

yeah me neither.

Comment

That sucks man, hope she gets all healed back up soon.

Comment

That does suck. Glad your mom isn't hurt too bad, and maybe now she can get an 03+ Vic. Is insurance gonna total it? Was the other driver at fault for the accident?
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

She'll be fine. The other driver had another car following them that said she sped through a red light and caused the accident. The officer ticketed my Mom, so I guess the insurance companies can haggle over it. The other car had tags that matched the witnesses car, both from out of town. Sounds pretty sketchy to me, especially since I don't think I have ever seen my Mom get anywhere near the speed limit. Whenever we have to drive anywhere in different cars we always give her a pretty good head start, lol.

Comment

OUCH!
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

when you get the accident report, zabbasearch the names of the other driver and witnesses. You might just find that they are related or something.

Glad to hear you mom is going to be ok.
                  Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                  AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                  Open/Lock/Ratio #
                  -----------------------
                  G / H / 2.26
                  B / C / 2.47
                  8 / M / 2.73
                  7 / - / 3.07
                  Y / Z / 3.08
                  4 / D / 3.42
                  F / R / 3.45
                  5 / E / 3.27
                  6 / W / 3.73
                  2 / K / 3.55
                  A / - / 3.63
                  J / - / 3.85

Comment

Man, looks like that crash was no fun at all. I've heard good things about Mercedes safety-wise, so it's quite possible your mom fared much better than if she'd been in another comparably-sized car.

Good luck with that thing with the other driver ... it really does sound kind of fishy.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Heh, just found an E320 4Matic Wagon for the family. Gotta check the insurance. It has a rear-facing 3rd row seat w/3 point belts! Vomiting kids, here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                        Heh, just found an E320 4Matic Wagon for the family. Gotta check the insurance. It has a rear-facing 3rd row seat w/3 point belts! Vomiting kids, here we come!
                        Heeeeeey, that's not such a bad solution for a family car ..... 'specially if you put a Ford motor in it.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Personally I think you should stick with something domestic, but it's your decision.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                            Personally I think you should stick with something domestic, but it's your decision.
                            Know what's funny? My Fiance didn't seem to notice/care for the Merc Monterrey, but noticed the new Merc Sable today and liked it. Not really domestic either, with the Swedish DNA I suppose. Don't worry guys, her Dad is major pro-union (lot's of steel mills around here) so the Fusion will be around for at least a year or two. I am always looking, however.

Comment

ouch glad mumsies ok - no paint flaked off the car?????????

thats a good paint yob
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X