No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well on the bright side, this give you an opportunity to get one that doesn't fry computers.

Sorry mang, I know it sucks. Get a ticket?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

4 in the ball joints
      4 in the tie rods
      one in the pitman arm
      2 in some idler arms (IIRC)
      one in each sway bar bushing (aftermarket)
      one in each u-joint (aftermarket)

and those with all this in a police box, also have one in each upper control arm bushing, making 19 total
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

ah Thanks!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Well on the bright side, this give you an opportunity to get one that doesn't fry computers.

Sorry mang, I know it sucks. Get a ticket?
          2 tickets. One for careless driving, and one for violating my provisional license. I had one too many people in the car with me. I have a court hearing for the license on Monday the 16th.

Comment

I take it none of the audience got hurt either?? everyone wearing seat belts??

I bet a frame shop could get that straitened out no problem... only problem is the bill.
            Im sure insurance isn't going to help out any, if you had coverage.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              I take it none of the audience got hurt either?? everyone wearing seat belts??

I bet a frame shop could get that straitened out no problem... only problem is the bill.
              Im sure insurance isn't going to help out any, if you had coverage.
              Yeah, Phil, aka brown_muscle and his friend are fine. I wonder how much that's gonna cost to fix the frame. If it can't be put back, can a piece of donor frame be used and welded in place of damaged piece? Insurance ain't helping me. I didn't have collision insurance on Vicky. Just liability and comprehensive insurance. I had my parents take Vicky off the insurance, since it's not going to be going anywhere for a while.

Comment

at the very least Vicky will liove again and just be hospitalized for a lil while and you and everybody as occupants are ok. geuss you have better excuse to get the ding free hood now.
                Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                  at the very least Vicky will liove again and just be hospitalized for a lil while and you and everybody as occupants are ok. geuss you have better excuse to get the ding free hood now.
                  That's what I was thinking, but this wasn't the way I had planned on getting one.

Comment

It looks pretty bad judging from the pics. Of course it could be fixed and brought back to factory specs, but it will not be cheap by any means. Trust me, I work in a body shop, and although I don't do frame repair work, I get to see some of the massive bills that people get from having frame repair work done. I know it sucks, but unless you really are crazy about the car, and would never want let it go no matter what happens, I would start searching for another box.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                      It looks pretty bad judging from the pics. Of course it could be fixed and brought back to factory specs, but it will not be cheap by any means. Trust me, I work in a body shop, and although I don't do frame repair work, I get to see some of the massive bills that people get from having frame repair work done. I know it sucks, but unless you really are crazy about the car, and would never want let it go no matter what happens, I would start searching for another box.
                      How much would you say the frame repair would run me?

Comment

I have a grease fitting for each UCA bushing as well...
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          How much would you say the frame repair would run me?
                          Tis hard to say exactly, because all body shops are different and do different quality levels of work. The shop I work at is a more upscale place than your average shop, and I know they charge around $200 just to put a car on the Frame Rack, from there you could figure on about $200-$300 per hour of labor.

Comment

hmmm...john... sawzaw, prep it, find a donor piece, have a local place i know weld it on... fixed. for under 50 most likely. not exactly best but cheap and it'll do the job right, just have to make sure its pretty much the same length as the old one... although I feel I may get some objection about this crude suggestion of cut and paste haha
                            Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 03-11-2009, 12:16 AM.
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

just out of curiosity how fast were you going? did you even apply the brakes?

I know you hit a tree head on but it takes a hell of alot of force to do all that..
                              Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

10-20mph. Glad you're ok.
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X