No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insulating material....you mean the pickup? If so, thats what died in mine when you rescued me last fall or whenever it was. good thing I'm a nice guy and returned your distributor
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      insulating material....you mean the pickup? If so, thats what died in mine when you rescued me last fall or whenever it was. good thing I'm a nice guy and returned your distributor
      Yeah two goldish bolts holding it to the side of the body of the distributor. It's all cracked up and stuff. Looking back at it now, I can see wires going into it on the bottom. Yeah pickup went.

Comment

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Today I picked up an aluminum driveshaft from a 98 Crown Vic PI. It doesn't look like the fork lift got it. It's scratched a little bit, but I don't think that would hurt it. It's not dented. Stupid me forgot the part number for the conversion u joints too... whoops.

Comment

Post the P/N once you get it John.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got this info from Scott.

neapco 5-134x or pdq 1-0134

All bearings are the same size 1 1/16" but the wings are different lenghts 3 7/32" and 3 5/8"

This auction is over but it shows the joint.
              http://compare.ebay.com/like/3706073...Types&var=sbar

That was to connect the larger later model pinion flange to the smaller older aluminum driveshaft that I have.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I picked up a conversion U joint from Advance Auto yesterday. Price was discounted since I work through pepboys (LOL). They had to order it but the price was about 9 bucks after tax and such. The one I got is actually old stock I suppose. Date on the box indicates it was made in 2007, it proudly displays pottstown PA and states on every cap and the body of the joint, made in usa!

On a side note, took Vicky for inspection today. Passed with no problem. Was a little worried about the cats being that they are 23 years old, but no worries now.

Comment

$9!?!?! what a deal
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Quick mixed update. Valve body is in. Shifts great, except when it decides to neutral out when I mash it to the floor...
                    Driveshaft is in. I don't notice any vibrations. Hooray.

Silverfox is gonna send me another valve body. Since I'm 95 percent sure the internals of the trans are NOT at fault.

Comment

tv pressure ok? my towny did this before brian installed my b&m shift kit in 2004

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'll have to get a gauge and check. I don't see why it wouldn't be ok.

Comment

different valve body, different components. Always worth checking.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            different valve body, different components. Always worth checking.
                            True.

Comment

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE Updates everyone!

The valvebody is now functioning properly after a hole drilled into a certain channel in the valve body. And then it went straight to Scotts. Haha.
                              The car is now parked on the property awaiting body mounts, big brakes, ABS, frame rot and body rot repairs, undercoating and paint prep. When I dropped the car off last Friday, we managed to harvest a very clean passenger side B pillar, which you can see towards the end of the video that I'm going to post. We would've had a very clean and straight passenger quarter panel, however the batteries for the sawzall ran out of juice.
                              So while the work is getting done I'm driving Scott's 92 Grand Marquis around. And as much as I love this car... I miss mine
                              getting into the home stretch on joes mk7 rebuild, back side rust cleanup and paint and undercoating all finished. suspension and brakes all done, just need ...

Comment

Nice! Vicky's getting a facelift.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X