X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    You always fail to deliver ��
    Lemme guess, "that's what she said", right? LOL
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Hope to see the updates whenever we can. You sure have done some GREAT things.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Pick your bones out of this! Walk around, start up, some revving, underhood shots and a drive around the block. You can see how high it sits up front, with the 98 PI springs. And the awesomeness of the Cobra intake, 70mm throttle body and 24lb injectors.

Comment

Intake looks nice in there. What made you go with the PI springs up front? What flasher are you using? I like it.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Intake looks nice in there. What made you go with the PI springs up front? What flasher are you using? I like it.
            Electronic Flasher, found at any parts store. I went with the PI springs because I was tired of the lean. The height is supposed to be only a quarter inch higher than stock spring. However it is way higher than I thought. Thanks! Ivan had to Fab up a throttle linkage bracket to attach stock cables to upper intake. It runs so awesome!!

Comment

yeah, thats kind of how mine came out when I tried the late springs. I'm thinking a half coil cut out of that will help you out to get it closer to the right height. Wagon coils in the back make it sit sort of high, and my shocks were fully extended all the time. Rode like crap, and looked awful stupid.

New intake and injectors make a noticeable difference over the stock Exploder bits ? Also, I don't know why, but listening the engine wind up like that with those silly wide speedometers makes me giggle. It seems so out of place.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Also, I don't know why, but listening the engine wind up like that with those silly wide speedometers makes me giggle. It seems so out of place.
                Whatcha mean? Lol. Also yes, it did make a big difference. It rides very firm. Not shitty. It rides more like my friend's Mitsubishi Eclipse than it does a Crown Vic or the ride that I have associated with a Crown Vic. I've also heard of heating springs to make them sink. I'm not too sure about doing that though. And cutting coils, wouldn't they not sit in there right?

Comment

Don't heat the springs. It will make them sag, but it does so by taking the temper out, and then you have no spring.

The bottom coil you can cut. You'd have to remove the spring, cut it, and re-install it. Just turn it so that the tail end sits in the lower control arm properly.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Don't heat the springs. It will make them sag, but it does so by taking the temper out, and then you have no spring.

The bottom coil you can cut. You'd have to remove the spring, cut it, and re-install it. Just turn it so that the tail end sits in the lower control arm properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post

Gotcha. So you think a half a coil will get me where I need to be?

Comment

It depends on the rate.
                        The Moog springs I have were 1.5inch per coil.
                        I took 3/4 coil out for a 1.125 drop.
                        After the motor swap, it should come up just a smidgen.

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Not sure if 1/2 is the magic number or not, but its easier to cut more off than put it back on.

Comment

Some updates. Upgraded the lights in the dash and my auxiliary gauge pod. And thanks to P71Towny, I got a police gauge pod bezel. And that is now installed with all the gauges that used to reside under the ashtray. More pics to follow when my phone plays nice.

Oh and some pics of Thain's car. Dunno how they got in there lol.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 86VickyLX; 06-15-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Here you go more eye candy with gauges installed. And something very special...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! That was a quick install. Looks better in there than collecting dust here!
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X