My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packman View Post
    If your parents are complaining about your car insurance, they should come up here to Union county and see what some of these kids are driving. There is a girl at my local high school that drives some sort of two-seater Audi that I know has to cost some coin. Another kid drives an E-type Mercedes with what I guess are factory 20-something" wheels. Friggin crazy stuff for a kid. My kids (when I have them) are gettin' a Chevy Celebrity...................wagon for their first car until they get some experience driving.

Packman
    :lol: that sounds like Haddonfield. :p they got all kinds of expensive cars, mostly jap shit from what I've seen but at least one Haddonfielder keeps it real

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      :lol: that sounds like Haddonfield. :p they got all kinds of expensive cars, mostly jap shit from what I've seen but at least one Haddonfielder keeps it real
      HAHA yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. Sounds just like Haddonfielders, and thanks I try, someones gotta keep this town in line
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        someones gotta keep this town in line
        Damn right

Comment

Plus, your parents shouldn't be worried about you getting in trouble with a 2+ ton car and 17 second timeslips;...............that's unless you covertly build a monster stroker 351W and install it while they're away on vacation or something:evil:. With the way your car looks and a mean engine, then they might have something to worry about.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Plus, your parents shouldn't be worried about you getting in trouble with a 2+ ton car and 17 second timeslips;...............that's unless you covertly build a monster stroker 351W and install it while they're away on vacation or something:evil:. With the way your car looks and a mean engine, then they might have something to worry about.

Packman
            :lol: I don't think that'll happen, if they're going on vacation, they're taking me dammit!

Comment

Started working on the Air Conditioner, converting it to 134a. My old condensor had a hole in one of the pipes, so I got a used one from the junkyard. I also found a perfect dash pad!!! Perfect! And I got those carpeted things that go under the dash. It looks very nice. Started removing the moisture in the system, and if I pick up the refridgerent tomorrow, I'll probably charge it after school.

Comment

are you gonna come to scottfest this year? if so will vicky be on the road by then?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

How much was the condenser at the junkyard? I need a new one too, but i dont trust ones from the junkyard. and congrats on the dash pad, thats a pretty rare find!
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

How much was the condenser at the junkyard? I need a new one too, but i dont trust ones from the junkyard. and congrats on the dash pad, thats a pretty rare find!
                    it was 20 bucks. I got it from a system that was charged. All you gotta do is find a system intact that still has a charge. *cough cough* vent *cough cough* I don't know what years you can use because the connections are different. Condensor is in front of radiator, that is what you are talking about right?

Comment

Rock Auto has one listed for $97... but it may be a POS. Plus I've heard they are bad to deal with as a company. I believe mine has a hole in it as well, so I may be replacing it; if I go through the system again.

Keep us updated Jon.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        Rock Auto has one listed for $97... but it may be a POS. Plus I've heard they are bad to deal with as a company. I believe mine has a hole in it as well, so I may be replacing it; if I go through the system again.

Keep us updated Jon.
                        Ya DK said he had big problems with them. Take long and don't send the right stuff. THat's cheaper than what I found at autozone. 131$

Comment

The reason why most of the box panther condenser's at the junkyard are in fact Junk, and are so cruddy inside, is because of the lack of a Cabin Air Filter on our cars. All types of crud gets sucked into the fresh air intake, decays and turns into a Mud Like substance, which sticks pretty steadfast inside the condenser tubes. Weather or not the system is charged or not has no effect, without a cabin air filter they all will become pretty cruddy with time, most can be cleaned out though with a little work.

Keep us updated, I'll be watching and looking forward to your progress.

Comment

psssst, the condenser is under the hood in front of the radiator, cabin air filter wouldn't help with that. The evaporator is the part inside the car. Cabin air filter would help somewhat with that, but most of the air for the HVAC system is fresh air pulled from outside.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              psssst, the condenser is under the hood in front of the radiator, cabin air filter wouldn't help with that. The evaporator is the part inside the car. Cabin air filter would help somewhat with that, but most of the air for the HVAC system is fresh air pulled from outside.

Uh huh, I know where the condenser is.....

I was actually thinking of the evap when I said that, and got the 2 mixed up, sry.

All the fresh air for the system is pulled in through the Fresh Air Intake in the PS of the cowl, somehow rigging up a CA Filter on top or inside of the fresh air intake will be the ticket to keeping the whole system alot cleaner.
                              Last edited by LTDMan83; 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I have ice cold air conditioning!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111111 one!1 Need to get some more refridgerent, thing I was using to fill the system stopped working, so I had to change it, lost some refridgerent in the process.
                                Last edited by 86VickyLX; 06-17-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X