No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks 10x more badass with out the lettering on the back + the tips. Now paint those rims damn it!
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Put down the spray paint, pick up the flaring tool. Priorities mang, priorities.

Unrelated, but I may have accidentally found why your ECM relay didn't operate as expected. Did you ever check the ignition fuse in the underhood power box? Apparently when that pops, the ecm relay won't operate. Found that out when I removed it on the 5.0 GMQ project.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        It looks 10x more badass with out the lettering on the back + the tips. Now paint those rims damn it!
        The Tank lettering, or the emblems?

Dude, everyone knows that appearance is more important than brake lines!!
        ( I have the flaring kit, i just need pipe. I may just wait til i do the body mounts when i lift the body later this summer.)

Ignition fuse was/is good. Just some mystical electrical gremlins. I'll check again after work...

I might be able to paint the trunk reflector depending on the wind today. Maybe.

Ok, i gotta eat lunch and go back to work.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          The Tank lettering, or the emblems?

1. It looks really sick without both. Get the sticker glue off, and it will look perfect.

2. By the way? That green is really freaking obnoxious.

Don't change it.

3. 17" PI wheels might be a thought.

4. Did I mention that I love the car?

Comment

the only way to one-up that green would be to neon back-light it or something (glow in the dark and such).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Even though it's only been 20 hours since i de-badged it, I'm really diggin' the nothing on the back look. I just may keep it that way.

I put a crap-load of Goo-Gone on it last night and it rained like hell. Most of the glue fell off this morning. So tonight I will clean it up very good and take some more pics.

I would love 17s. Then i could put the big brake upgrade on. But i just got a set of 15's with new winter tires on them.

And i love the green. It is outrageous.

Hopefully, more to come, this evening.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I am loving it!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looks great ryan

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

i am really fond of no badges on a car , makes it look very clean, looks nice keep it up ,also i have found the 3m adhesive remover to work well,as well as medium reducer(works best on stickers and such) keep up the good work mang!
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Before:

After:

That's the residual Goo-Gone on the car. It might be washed off tomorrow.
                      I need to re-do the reflector. It got all hazy and my clearcoat was absolute shit. It hazed very badly. F. And it's not that humid out. Maybe this weekend I can get it done along with the tail lights. Oh, well. As long as it's good to go for the show down tomorrow!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ordered new odometer gears. Need to order the green LEDs for teh win. Then i can put my dash back together. And thenI can repaint the reflector and tail lights. Ok.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          ( I have the flaring kit, i just need pipe. I may just wait til i do the body mounts when i lift the body later this summer.)

I'm not entirely convinced you have that long, especially with that fuel leak. Maybe I'm paranoid but I've popped brake lines that weren't as scary looking as yours are.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have that fuel leak and am still getting 28 mpg on the highway.
                            It is on the list of things to do before winter. I will be done soon. I promise.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

new brakelines= good
                              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Eh, Tank blew a tire on the way back from Watkins Glen yesterday. My spare is just enough to get me to wherever i'm going. So, i have to take the Marauder to the Indy race today. Oh, darn.
                                -Tank needs the horns fixed.
                                -New front tires.
                                -Springs and shocks with poly front and rear bushings
                                -new timing chain cover
                                -BRAKE LINES
                                -alignment

I'll be getting to it.
                                I received my odometer gears over a month ago. They're still sitting on my desk. Thats how much time i've had. Maybe tomorrow....

-ryan s.

(BTW, the Tank went to Watkins Glen and back on just under a half tank of fuel, 325 miles)
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X