No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have a sheet box made for it. It will look a lot better. This is just done up so my car can be operational and not have switches hanging under the steering column. And you really have to try to hit the run switch while driving. I mean, it's in the middle of the dash.
    But thanks for the props mang. I appreciate it.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

looks baddass! I love switches.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

1Oct

Well, it's the begining of another month. Hence, the monthly update.
        The Tank just broke 169k. Not bad. I'm on par for easily 20k this year.
        I did have a right rear tire go down. I'm running a full size spare until i put the winter tires on in another month. I'll buy a new set of rears in spring when the winter tires come off.
        Switch combo has been working flawlessly.
        Time for an oil change. I think i'm 3k over due.
        I have a "new" clock spring that i need to install so i can have my horns and air bags back.
        Almost time for the winterization of the Tank.
        I have to re-register it bby the 9th of October and I need to get it inspected some time this month. Working 2nd shift will really help out with that.
        And unless anything happens, I will update next month!

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

More pics from the Push Button Start install

I forgot these were still on my camera. So, enjoy:
          Ignition switch before it got marauded:

These are the two wires that turn the starter. They are on the B4/A4 pins on the ignition swtich:

Here's the start button hooked up to the B4/A4 wires. I manually put the ignition switch in run and pressed the button and the car started up. Here's one from that test:

Tearin' shit apart:

Before and after pic: I had to move the radio down about an inch and had to cut away some dash because the start button switch is like 4" deep:

Everything is bound in electrical tape and wrapped in conduit just for good measure:

Most everything I used. Except for the tumbler and the fuse block. The fuse block is for something else

And a shot of the workspace for good measure:

Enjoy, ye Mangs!!

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

4nov

The Tank broke 170k yesterday. Woo! Now, it's time to winterize it. Tires, coolant, oil, trans. All that jazz.
            Still need to put the clockspring in. And brake lines. Oh well.
            Trips this month:
            11-15, Philly
            17-18- DC
            24-28 WV.

Go Tank Go.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

about 4,000 mi ahead of the 92 gmq

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

god only knows how far behind my 93 vic... we estimate somewhere around 190-200K due to the odometer being dead for over a year. Take decent care of these cars and they last for a GOOD long time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hey man- love the car... you're an innovator. I have to second or third you should spray the rims black... Does that separator plate mod snap your neck back?

Could you have bought that 97 Crown Vic out of the junkyard?, and for what price? What a an absolute shame... Usually all the drive shafts at my junkyards are bent because they pick the cars up with a forklift...

Comment

NO SPRAY PAINT!!!!!!! Never!
                    I'm starting a powder coating/ coatings business shortly. They will be powder coated a combination of black and grabber green. I may do a set in straight black, though.

The seperator plate is the mild J-mod. I didn't take any of the accumilator(sp?) springs out. I wanted better shifts. Not performance break-yo-neck shifts. I'll save that for the Marauder. It needs it. You can definately tell a difference while at WOT; and even mild driving around town. I'm a fan.
                    If you're a bit leary about doing the J-mod, I'd reccomend doing just the seperator plate first. Then if you want more, go to the springs.
                    All the cars in the NY junkyards are not for sale. It sucks ass.
                    I've put over 10k on since I installed the driveshaft and haven't had any major issues with any kind of vibration.
                    Rock on.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Let me know if you need any "help" getting it inspected.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Already inspected and ready to go!!
                        -ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

was in n tonawanda today fixing a blazer door, i should rally get some fo yalls numbers for when im in town lol,
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Heading to WV for thanksgiving. I have to put the snow tires on before I go.
                            And then it's time for Decmeber, winter, and Christmas. Damn!!
                            I get to put my silicone hoses on tomorrow, as well.
                            Word!

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

December Update

I installed the new clockspring and ran into a small problem:
                              The connector for the air bag on the new clockspring was different from the old one.
                              And the wires were all different colors.
                              So I connected the outermost wire(pink) on the new harness, with out outermost one wire(white/gray) on the old one. And repeated for the other wire. Installed the airbag, connected the battery and.... no poof. So it works. Plus the air bag light went out. (well I had pulled the fuse, but i put it back in and connected the battery before putting the bag in and the light was on. So, now i know the system is functioning correctly)
                              My horns work again. Thank god.
                              Installed subs for my trip to DC.

Now, for the list of things to do this month:

Well, I have still to put on the silcone hoses.
                              I have to take the box and subs out of the trunk and remove the wiring until I can do it correctly. Maybe i'll get around to building a small box for a 12" sub and installing that on the shelf in the trunk underneath the decklid and mount the amp inverted on the decklid.
                              I do value my cargo space.
                              I'll also be adding a switch on the subwoofer remote line from the head unit so that I can turn on and off the sub at my leisure. That is necessary for the woman. Her Mineire's Disease can be heightened with loud, low frequencies; so I'd like to be able to turn it off if it's hurting her ears. It's not loud, but enough to annoy her.

The WinterForce/Trac-Lok combo is offically the shit. I was bombing around in a foot of garbage snow on the road yesterday and it performed flawlessly. Plus all the other crap that happened yesterday.
                              You can read about it here, if you like :
                              http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41930

Plans for this month:
                              -new wipers
                              -oil change
                              -new belt and possibly bearings

The Tank is running strong!

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Old pic! The Tank, in 06, with a 3 month old paint job, 95k and no Buffalo winters!!

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X