No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. There was almost no fat on it. So so so delicious. I love their cinnamon butter for the rolls as well. Awesome.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Cinnamon butter FTW!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

So, the Tank decided to not start today.
        I stopped into the store before class to pick up a Cherry Dr.Pepper and some Peanut Butter M&Ms. I get back in the car,flip the switches and press the start engine button and...nothing.
        So, I took the dash apart to check it out. Turns out the push button broke. So, I disconnected the wires and pressed them together... nothing.
        I grounded out the power lead on the voltmeter and it registered 12.2V and worked. So, my starter is bad.
        I crawlunder the car, hit the starter with a hammer. Nothing.
        I get back to the car after class, and as I'm sitting there, I notice that the car is still in DRIVE.
        I put the Tank in PARK, flip swtiches and press the wires and it starts.
        It's funny how I thought I bypassed everything. Except for that MLPS switch.
        Now, I just need a new push button and some of my dignity back.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

DOH! at least it was only a little dignity.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

its those little things that make you goo hmm and oh sh@*** at the same time
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

It's also the same thing that made me decide to retire the Tank in August this year. Now it's time for a Tank III.
              To Be Continued...

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

So what's gonna happen with the TOJ2 after August?

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Retire. Stand by until further notice. I would like to turn it into the fastest Grand Marquis. Twin-turbo supercharged 5.4L DOHC. It's possible, in 5 years.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

that would be epic. any plans on frame reinforcement to handle the torque?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Of course. It would be fully built to withstand anything I throw at it. I think it would be a fun project. This would also require a frame up resto, with sand blasting and powdercoating. Like I said, eventual project. I have a business to get off the ground, as well as become a father. So I'm not goign to have too much time for it right off the bat.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

figured as much... just wondered if you had any ideas about cross bracing or internal roll cage through the floor to stiffen the frame... etc etc.

Comment

Had me worried for a minute there; when you said "retire," I thought you may be gettin' rid of it.

That'd be one bad ass project for sure. I can see the frame becoming green...

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Since I didn't post a month update on the first, here goes.
                            It goes forwards and backwards, stops, and goes left and right.
                            Leaks oil.
                            Thats about it.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I know I sound like a wiener. Back an forth between keeping the Tank, and retiring it. I've said a few times already, but I still haven't put a newer motor in it.
                              So.
                              Here it is.
                              My decision.
                              The Tank of Justice II is staying. I will, as Zach puts it, "Drive it til the wheels fall off".
                              I was going to buy a newer Town Car, but if I want to buy a house within the next year or two, another car payment will not help. I have a story for SF about what happened to the Town Car I was going to buy in April. Bittersweet.
                              Hokay.
                              The right front sway bar endlink broke Monday. Here's the Battle Plan (BP) for the next 2-3 months:
                              -PI front sway bar, poly endlinks and mounts(when I buy the ADDCO one for the Marauder, the old Marauder one goes on the Tank)
                              -new slide pin thingys for the rear brakes (They've fallen out twice on the left rear)
                              -install new A/C crap and make the A/C functional
                              -get window motor parts and make my passenger side windows work.
                              -new struts, and possibly new springs
                              -98+ black heated mirriors.
                              -newer trunk decklid reflector thing.
                              -tires and alignment.
                              -all new brake lines

If I find a nice enough PI motor, I'll put in a newer PI motor with the 4R70W transmission. I know I have to make a pigtail adapter for my AODE car to plug into the 4R70W. The motor and transmission will be painted Grabber Green, as required.
                              I'm also going to run it at the 1/8th before the swap just for comparision.

All newer parts will be painted Grabber Green. Because they should.

-ryan s.

ps. Since I bought the Tank, I've offically put 90,000 miles on it.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Glad to hear you're going to keep driving it!!
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X