No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I didn't paint the caliper or the bracket, but dammit, it's fixed.
    I had a hell of a time at the junkyard removing the bracket (even though I had it put in the air).

***********IMPORTANT*************
    95 Panther rear brake brackets will fit on 92-94s without any modifications.

ALSO-

The rear brackets are the exact same. The left bracket will fit on the right side and vice versa. THe caliper on the left mounts on the back side, while the right side caliper mounts on the front side.
    The Tank has a bracket from the right side of a 95 Grand Marquis on the left side.
    I'm talking rear brake systems, by the way.

So, removed the old shit, put in newer stuff, cleaned up the diff cover, gasketed it, and filled it back up. The axle needs to be removed in order to change the bracket. So that sucked a bit more than it should have.
    The slide pins received anti-seize on the threads and caliper lube on the shanks. No more BS.

Also, picked up a 3 knob HVAC unit from that 95. The are compatible with the older style slider suck ones that break often. Next weekend, I'm going to tackle that. And I'm sure you Box guys will like that. Three knobs are way better than the slidey-break-suck ones.
    PICS!!!!!

Old bracket:

Old bracket, bottom slide pin. Notice how there are NO threads left. One of the previous slide pins vibrated so much that it wore out all the threads before egressing the car.

Old bracket, top slide pin. This suckka broke off. OFF. BYE. See ya. F this place. I tried to drill it out with an easy out from the other side. No good.

Next project:
    Front and rear sway bar end links, alignment, fan temp relay thing, and 3 knob HVAC control install.

Peace out.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

"Yo couch" should be your next mod.

Paint it f'n grabber green!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

can't wait for pics of the 3-knob mod. might do that to my 93 as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'd recommend on the 93. My HVAC control is dead nuts in the middle of the dash, whilst yours in below the radio, and looks kinda nice.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

K, the 4 sway bar end links have been ordered. They should be here tomorrow, pending the hurricane.....
            I have to but the fan relay kit. As much as I want to make one myself, I'm going to have to buy one. Suck. Well, all I need to do is tap new hole in the intake manifold for the temp semsor, so it can turn the fan on as needed.
            I'm in the process of getting rid of the switches, so, I'm looking to make everything better.
            I'm in the process of buying a Marauder steering column with wheel and key. Yea!
            Ok, bye bye.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I trust your axles were in good shape when you put them back in, or you got more better ones from the junkyard or something? Those things tend to pit and groove which makes them noisy and leaky.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They were in quite good shape. The donor car from the yard... not so much. The donor car's right side was leaking like a champ.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

yeah the right side seems to fail first for whatever reason.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

peg leg burn-outs

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

seen it on what was very obviously a fogiemobile. I just cant picture Grandma Gertrude baking the tire off her Grand Marquis.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        "Yo couch" should be your next mod.

Paint it f'n grabber green!
                        Or try and find some green leather seats. They do exist but I know it's a rare option!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          seen it on what was very obviously a fogiemobile. I just cant picture Grandma Gertrude baking the tire off her Grand Marquis.
                          My Grandma's name is Gertrude
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I think the leaks are from the open differentials. That is the main drive wheel. Blah.

Tom wants me to paint the whole car Grabber Green. lolz. That'll be the day that Tom loves Neil Young.

No green leather seats. I am not that "gangsta". I cannot pull that off. However, charcoal Marauder seats with green piping.....
                            Sway bar end links should be here today. Gotta go pick up the fan relay harness thing as well. I think...

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              My Grandma's name is Gertrude

does she bake the tires off her cars?

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                does she bake the tires off her cars?
                                Back in the early 90s, my Grandparents owned a couple of white CV's. First was an '89 and the next was a '92. I don't recall Grandma Gert doing much driving in either car.
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X