No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally did both front and sway bar end links on the Tank.
    The rears were Energy Suspension end links. I like them. I think that I'll be using Energy Suspension for all the other mounts and stuff in the future.
    In the front, I used these Deeza piece of garbage end links. They suck.
    So I came to a conclusion: If I cannot find a part through Energy Suspension, I will use Moog.
    In the spring time, I plan on replacing all the ball joints, tie rods, idler arms, control arm bushings, everything. I'll be rebuilding the front with only Energy Suspension and Moog stuff.
    Pics:
    Old crap: (I need to get a pic of the new stuff on this side. I put clamps on the parking brake cable to keep it off stuff and it looks very nice)

New rear crap:

New front crap:

GTG.
    About to head out to the garage and install the electric fan relay.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Installation of electric fan relay

Did the fan relay. Works like a champ. It's programmable to come on from 90*-210*. It's set at 160* right now and I'll bump it up a bit. I think. Blah.
      Pics:
      Temp install to see if everything works:

Das Relay with the little wheel to set temp:

And final install pics:

Works like awesome.
      I'm out to WV for the weekend. Talk to you mangs later!!!!

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

red loom? couldn't find any green?

looks good.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

looks like the same POS relay I used in the Mark. The "cheap one" from Autozone is the one I used. As far as I'm concerned though... it works well and does the job it's supposed to do... so it's all good. Which fan is that btw?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mk8. Everything works well.
            Yeah, they don't make green loom. Well, Grabber Green loom. I was thinking about wrapping all the looms in the Lime Green duct tape. I don't know how it'll turn out. ehh.
            Just rolled back from WV. Yeah.

Ok, to the junkyard tomorrow.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

And so, it begins

The interior is going to black. Yup. It started.

Went to the yard. Picked up:
              -newer fan for the Marauder
              -Water pump pulley, CVPI
              -upper throttle plenum off a 04 CVPI with tubes
              -door trim
              -A-pillar trim (wrong size)
              -dome light
              - steering column cover

The last 4 items are all black/charcoal.

pics:
              Before:

After:

Passenger Side:

I don't have steering column cover pic yet. I'm installing the black trimmed dome light tomorrow with SilverStar lights in it. (It's part of that whole growing up phase)

Awesome side notes:
              Since it's my buddies yard, he's holding the 04 CVPI for me while I pull parts for the motor swap as needed.
              I also ran across a new entry into the yard: 1992 Black CV with BLACK interior. I'll be headed back there shortly to pull black door panels, visors, trim, and other awesome stuff that I'll need.
              I'm really excited.
              THe motor is scheduled to be installed in 3 weeks. The weekend of the 26th?
              Oh, and while I was waiting around for the Marauder to warm up and check the trans fluid......

:-0 "oh my!"

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I'll never get used to how massive those motors are externally. Looks nice in green.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

F'n grabber green?
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You know it. Grabber F'n Green. Its awesome!!

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I've never, ever seen a panther other than a marauder with black interior from the factory...

Comment

Town Cars. And the 04 CVPI/Taxi I was pulling parts had black interior with Marauder style doors, but without the power seat control knobs.
                        I know. I thought it was a TS at first. But I'm taking that shit. No way that's going anywhere. And it's in great shape!!

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          I've never, ever seen a panther other than a marauder with black interior from the factory...
                          My Grandfather's 04 LS Ultimate has black and his 98 TC Signature Touring had black as well.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

You know that Beetle has the wrong year deck lid right? Thats a 1970 part. Starting 71 they had 4 grilles. 70-only had 2, prior to that there were none.

and yeah, Towncars had black interior optional. Never seen it on a Vic or GM though.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Two things...

Here's the steering column cover. I forgot to grab the black boot for the shifter. Next time. And I'm going to see if the newer MFS work in the older cars. I hope so. I think they look much better. I also need to pull 2 more screws for the cover. Cover...

I did the dome light as well. I had 2 green LEDs wired in instead of the dome light. Unfortunately, they haven't been working in over a year. And of all the LEDs I've installed, only 1 is still working. So, it sucks getting into the car at night. Part of the growing up phase.
                              Also, I installed 2 SilverStar 194 bulbs with it. The fixture requires 3 194 bulbs, so, the dome light and the drivers map light have the SilverStars. The passenger map light is stock.
                              It's also the black unit I picked up last week.
                              Alas, pics!
                              Before:

ĦAfter!

Let's see, maybe more interior parts this week. Black Aero interior parts. Damn straight.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                                Cover...
                                Short choppy steps, sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X