No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am extremely happy with the KYB Gas-A-Just shocks. I had them in the Merc for 24k miles when it was hit, took them out and they have been in the town car for 4k miles. They still ride as good as the day they were first installed. They are nice and firm without riding at all harsh. Very controlled feeling with zero float. When I replaced the dead 14k mile Sensa-craps in the Merc with them, it felt like the car lost 1000lbs. Those shocks with the Marauder rear sway bar completely transformed the car from wollowy pig, to something that can actually take a corner without making you crap your pants. All while keeping the stock springs with their good ride quality.

I don't remember the part numbers, but when I ordered them, I ordered ones for a '98 CVPI from RockAuto's catalog.
    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Also, that sucks about your exhaust. I was looking at putting walker duals on the Merc, but read time and time again about how they only last 3-5 years in the rust belt. I ended up getting junkyard duals on that car with stainless steel magnaflows. The exhaust was the only thing left of the car that I took it from, I unbolted the exhaust hangers thru the holes in the floor. Yet, that exhaust was still very solid, and actually still shiny in a few spots. The Factory exhaust is a low-grade stainless, so it discolors but rarely seems to rust thru.
      -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
      1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

True enough, my 93 went to the scraper in 2011 with the original dual exhaust in good shape.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Going to try and weld the exhaust back together when I get home tonight. It's really F'n loud.
          Also, more fun noises coming from the left front. Sounds like wet squishy shoes, every time the wheel rotates.
          I'm gonna take a look in a little bit to see what the hell is going on. My Moog upper ball joints came in today. I really wanted to take the front end apart and power coat the spindle and caliper, but I don't think I'll have enough time. The Tank needs to be roadworthy ASAP. So, I'll throw in the the ball joints and go from there.
          I'll order those CVPI struts tonight.
          And then there's this 04 Dark Blue Pearl Town Car near my house for sale....

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Nice color that Deep Pearl Blue (DPB) IMHO.
            Last edited by jaywish; 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

fixed my radio from work last night. Its back on the shelf here at home till the one currently at work dies, then I'll rotate them out again. It may seem silly to have a backup work radio on the shelf, but when they are 50 years old you have to expect things will occasionally die. Wasn't really badly broken, just one part died and damaged another. I think the parts required to fix it were under $3. Tonight I'll start working on my Sherwood stereo. I got some of the parts in to get that up and running. Once the Digikey order and the 4 tube sockets I had to order from Canada get here I'll be ready to rock.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Maybe those radios will help my front suspesion woes...

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  Maybe those radios will help my front suspesion woes...

-ryan s.

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot.
                    Happy Birthday Tank! The Tank turns 20 years old today. Holy crap!

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      fixed my radio from work last night. Its back on the shelf here at home till the one currently at work dies, then I'll rotate them out again. It may seem silly to have a backup work radio on the shelf, but when they are 50 years old you have to expect things will occasionally die. Wasn't really badly broken, just one part died and damaged another. I think the parts required to fix it were under $3. Tonight I'll start working on my Sherwood stereo. I got some of the parts in to get that up and running. Once the Digikey order and the 4 tube sockets I had to order from Canada get here I'll be ready to rock.
                      Man you love accidentally thinking this is the WAYWO thread.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

yeah, posted that in the wrong spot. damn adjacent threads and not having a real mouse on the laptop.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Need to go pick up a new h-pipe. Blarg. The loudness is getting annoying.
                          Until Monday..........

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Things that make my day better:
                            "Your parts are in."

I can't wait. There's alot going on right now.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

NO. Those broken pieces of everything are what made the tank the tank. Things just wont be the same now........
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

don't worry, he'll break them again soon!
                                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X