No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The front should look much smoother after the install. Will the new grill stay black or will grabber green take over?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Because I had the grill sprayed black, it will stay black. There should be more fun soon.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Questions:
        Change of plans for the Tank. Again.
        I want to increase the amount of weight I can carry in the trunk along with towing capacity. The air ride system is now in the mix. I need input. I am now not concerned with the overall ride in the vehicle, as it is no longer my DD. I don't have to have the soft ride for the family. I need to be able to carry decently heavy parts in the trunk or a 4x6 utility trailer, or both. It will recieve Energy Suspension bushings everywhere. Now what springs? Wagon springs? I don't care how stiff they are.
        Picking out suspension parts is not my forte.
        Thank you for the input.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Let me state the obvious, The automatic air ride system is great for changing weights in the back without any effort on the part of the driver. Plus it give a pretty good ride. Get the most heavy duty air bags of the three choices.

The cheapest and quickest would be new coils and shocks.

Plus a new heavy duty sway whichever way you go.
          Last edited by jaywish; 10-25-2012, 06:13 PM.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Didn't you just get a new H-pipe not that long ago? Did salt eat it already?
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I put the H-pipe on 3 years ago, October 19th, 2009. Eff.

HD Sway bar. Check. Strongest bags. Do you have a preference or dealt with a ceratin brand before? It will be getting coils and struts as well.
              Thanks for the input.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I never had any of my oem air springs give out. I have not converted the wagon yet. It has the auto air shock system.

I have read good things about arnott.

I am not sure what you mean about coils. If you graft in an an air ride system you would use the bags as springs. I do not know how much work that would be regarding wireing as it was an option on your car.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  Questions:
                  Change of plans for the Tank. Again.
                  I want to increase the amount of weight I can carry in the trunk along with towing capacity. The air ride system is now in the mix. I need input. I am now not concerned with the overall ride in the vehicle, as it is no longer my DD. I don't have to have the soft ride for the family. I need to be able to carry decently heavy parts in the trunk or a 4x6 utility trailer, or both. It will recieve Energy Suspension bushings everywhere. Now what springs? Wagon springs? I don't care how stiff they are.
                  Picking out suspension parts is not my forte.
                  Thank you for the input.

-ryan s.
                  Lets put it this way, i can drop a full weight motor in the back of my lincoln with limo springs,and it will laugh. if you happen to kill one or both of your shocks,they wont care either, i lost one of my mounting bolts so thats how i know.
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I am running the Moog variable rate springs in mine. It gives a decent rake over the stockers and I have never had a problem with sag or ride. All I have put in the trunk is maybe 200 pounds of army gear, plus my standard load of oh shit ammo....cause you never know. This is with some Gabriel Auto-zone crap shocks, 'cause when you pull out your springs to change them and find out you have a blown shock, you need new ones immediately, not when the next truck gets there.
                    Last edited by mpco239; 10-27-2012, 07:24 AM.
                    2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                    185 degree stat. 21mm rear swaybar with moog end links, Moog progressive rear springs.
                    JLT intake, B&M transmission pan, 2.25 inch duals, magnaflows, Powerstop drilled/slotted front rotors and ceramic pads. Kenwood Excelon deck, Kenwood 6x8 3-ways all the way around.

Comment

Just picked up another stupid Walker h-pipe. I'm sick of the noise. It should be fixed tomorrow.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Replaced the H-pipe today. This is what my old H-pipe looked like after 3 Buffalo winters. I even painted it with 1300* hi- temp aluminum paint to keep the corrosion down.

It's nice to have the exhaust again. No more rattling my brains out. Especially after driving almost 500 miles with it broken.
                        Now I like driving again.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

only 3 winters!?
                          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                          Open/Lock/Ratio #
                          -----------------------
                          G / H / 2.26
                          B / C / 2.47
                          8 / M / 2.73
                          7 / - / 3.07
                          Y / Z / 3.08
                          4 / D / 3.42
                          F / R / 3.45
                          5 / E / 3.27
                          6 / W / 3.73
                          2 / K / 3.55
                          A / - / 3.63
                          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Yup. Passenger side broke off last week. The driver's side followed on Friday.
                            The stock stuff lasted 17 years. Aftermarket garbage? 3. That's it.
                            And last winter was very mild. We only had 35" of snow total for the year.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
                              only 3 winters!?
                              That's pretty typical for a cheap aftermarket exhaust around here.

Buffalo is one of the least car friendly places in the world climate wise. A few months ago I was working on a 08 Escape that already had a nice hole rotted trough the drivers side floor pan.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I don't find paint helps a whole lot. They rot from the inside
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X